1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impossible to sleep.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GhostNeko, Jan 25, 2015.

1. GhostNeko

For the last few days, I've found it incredibly hard to fall asleep. I've tried pacing around until I'm tired, watching TV, listening to music, and it all takes HOURS. Is it even healthy that I can't fall asleep until 5-7 AM? Like, I could be up for a day and not feel tired one bit, but I know I need sleep. Anyone got any answers?

2. Practical suggestions (borng I know! but they do work for some people);

Exercise before bed
    Bath/shower before bed
    No distractions in the bedroom - especially no phones/tv's/electronic gizmos.
    Not drinking caffiene in the evening
    drinking chamomile tea instead

What usually causes sleeplessness is stress/anxiety. It often resolves itself once the underlying emotional issue is confronted - if you can figure out what the issue is that's stopping you sleeping (it may not be the same thing as what is occupying your thoughts) then talk about it to someone, hopefully the sleep issue will sort itself out.

#2 uniqueusername3, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
  3. lyjo

The previous answer is good, but exercising before bedtime is bad. When you exercise your body produces endorphines which'll make you hyper rather than tired. Avoid screens an hour or so before sleeping (everyone says that, nobody does it). What helped me a little when I really wasn't getting enough sleep was to wear sunglasses for some time before going to bed. It sounds terrible I know, but it does help a bit. Also, don't eat fruit in the evening (messes with your digestion and is sugary). And instead of doing what you've said that you do, really just try to sleep. Stay in bed, read a book. If none of this works, then you'll have to go see a doctor and figure out whether or not you've got sleeping problems.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always recommend googling "sleep hygiene" because you usually get some really good advice.

If this doesn't work it is possible you have over active or anxious mind at the moment and could ask your Doctor

Sleep well!!!

5. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    read something boring :slight_smile: