1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arousal Problem

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Skov, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Skov

Hey everyone,

I've noticed that I have a problem when being sexual. I start off very aroused, but shortly after I always lose the arousal. I don't know what could be causing it, and it's driving me crazy. At first, I thought it was a problem with being attracted to my boyfriend, but then it happened with another guy. It even happens when I go solo.

I just don't understand what's causing it. It's making me feel pretty self-conscious now. I have no problem getting aroused at first, but it just dies. It's just making me really embarrassed.

Any thoughts?

2. robclem21

Based on the fact this is only a new found issue for you, it sounds psychological to me. Especially in light of some of the events you have gone through recently.The more you think about it the more its gonna happen. If it persists, then maybe consider seeing a doctor, but I think its all in your head at the moment and just need to take some time to let the dust settle. It is easy to get aroused when your horny but then once you get into it, it can be easy to get distracted. You'll be okay.

3. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its stress or your mind busy about something
    Its always like this some guys stop before it happens some get scared and stressed and overthink while doing so they get turned off and they think there is a problem

4. TreeClimber

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    See a doc man- be fully honest with him about symptoms- could be a sign of more serious issues- diabeties, heart problems...
    Rather him say no now then 'if only we caught it earlier'!

5. Chameleon

Are you on an antidepressant per chance? In my experience those can murder your sex drive and the abilitity to be aroused.

6. Rosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anti psychotics too. In fact, a lot of medication messes with your libido.

7. AnotherQueer

Perth, the weirdest and furthest place from
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I'm experiencing something similar. I feel as if I cannot get aroused at all, not for about a month now, and I have been facing stress dealing with moving location and dealing with issues from friends. I guess we could wait it out.