1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

odd eating habits?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by RadioRoss, Jan 25, 2015.

1. RadioRoss

I used to have eating issues, where I would choose not to eat for long period of time, but I've gotten over that by now, for the most part. Nowadays, more and more often, I won;t eat very much for a day or two at a time. Not necessarily by thinking that if i eat ill get fat, but that i just dont want to eat because food doesn't sound satisfying. In fact, if i try to eat when im like this, i start to feel sick. Is this some sort of subconscious thing going on because of what's happened in the past, or is this just normal, and has to do with something else going on in my body?

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know that it's "normal" but I do feel similar. I don't eat because nothing around sounds good. All I want is junk food or fruit usually. When I'm bored, I go to the fridge and look, see nothing I want and leave. I eat very little. It's kind of scary how little I eat. I've gotten good at ignoring my hunger so now I don't even notice most of the time. Mostly it's out of pure laziness. I hate having to even make anything as simple as a PBJ sandwhich. I think it's probably an eating disorder.

3. White Knight

If there isn't any psychological factor behind it (like I will get fat, I don't like this or that food, depression etc.) loss of appetite might be sign of an illness. If it becomes uncomfortable levels for you, see a doctor.

I only lost my appetite when I was seriously ill, like TBC or Hepatite... even then I only wanted to eat deserts instead of normal food... Between you and me my best friend is right about calling me hungry hippo I guess. :grin: