1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pain After Swimming

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by WolfyFluff, Jan 26, 2015.

1. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

Yesterday, I finally made myself go swimming again for the first time in six months. The pool was nice and warm, so I spent about nearly two hours practicing a front crawl.

I felt really hungry and tired after that session, I ate some pizza and went straight to sleep and I laid down on the couch. I didn't think I would fall asleep that fast. Pizza was the only thing I ate yesterday.

Now today, I've been feeling some painful sensations in my upper left arm, right below where the shoulder and arms meet. It's not the joints, but it feels like pain in the muscles on the side of my arm. It hurts more than the right arm. My right arm feel okay like a normal soreness after working out. Every time I massage the spot on my left arm it feels better.

I didn't stretch after swimming yesterday, and the pain doesn't feel severe. It feels more like I overworked it. Should I be worried about it?

2. Sh1f73r

Just give your arms some rest, and if the pain still goes on for after a week, go to your doctor

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More than likely you just pulled a muscle after exercising so much I wouldn't worry about it it might take a few days to get over but other than that no worries

4. TraceElement

Sounds like you just overworked yourself. Try stretching, even though its the next day. Drink some extra water/Gatorade, and eat a little more protein to help rebuild muscle.

5. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

thanks. The pain has been going a since this morning. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. phony

totally normal when you don't work out in a long time, you should've had started slow. Now rest those muscles and stretch a lot and take it easy next time.