1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't want to shave!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by theJedi, Jan 26, 2015.

1. theJedi

I've never enjoyed shaving. Last December I was about to shave when I realized that I had started shaving so young that I'd never seen my leg hair fully grown. So began project furry.
    Now that I've got this fur coat, I'm not sure if I want to get rid of it. I like my legs the way they are, in their natural state. But I've never seen a woman with hairy legs in public before. In addition, I plan to join the Armed forces, which I've heard is a less than liberal place to be.
    Any thoughts, advise, ect.? Is going natural really a good idea? Even a plausible one?

2. Violet Sapph

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing you have to realize is: no one can MAKE you shave (or change your body) if you don't want to. Plain and simple. If people don't like it they can avert their eyes and piss off. You like the way you look and that is all that matters, so do what makes you happy and comfortable. It's your body - no one else's.

Also - you join the Armed Forces to serve your country, not to look appealing or attractive.

Good luck to you. :slight_smile:

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you don't want to shave then don't. It's up to you. I don't shave my legs either even though they are hairier than of an average guy. I tried to shave them back then but I always felt somewhat exposed and naked. When I take a bath and first kneel down and then sit my leg hair make a cute stripes on both my shin. It makes me smile every time. :icon_wink Sure, there might be people staring and having problem with that but I just don't mind. I feel genuine and comfortable this way.

4. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, I've done the exact same experiment two years ago and decided to keep the fur. You'll get some strange looks and the "why don't you shave" conversation a bit too often, especially in summer and it can be tricky to learn to ignore the mean comments - yes, even the "i don't care" attitude requires some energy, at least at first. Also you may feel nice but wondering about being sexually attractive.

But.
    For the last one, I'll tell you that more people than you think don't care about hair. My ex-girlfriend didn't mind at all. My ex-boyfriend made it a bit of an issue, but after we had already been together for a while. Confidence is everything. :wink: Plus, you don't want to adjust your appearance to what most others find nice, do you? I was a bit too proud to do that. :grin:
    As for the army, well, it's the army, not some beauty contest. Everyone will get used to it, after a while.

And, last thing: Don't stress too much about it, after all it's just hair. Act normally.

5. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Smooth or furry is the only way to go. Stubble on the legs is icky...

6. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^second!

7. tulman

Just my own opinion. I prefer no body hair on either sex---except for one place, women's armpits. I must not be alone. There are numerous websites with endless pictures of furry female armpits, many dyed every color of the rainbow.

8. essie

I have a female friend who refuses to shave her legs because doesn't accept that society has decided that a women's legs have to be hair-free to look beautiful. I think that's very brave of hers and admire her for that and I think that as long as you're confortable with it you should definitely go for it. My desperate, constant need for acceptance doesn't allow me to feel as free, unfortunately, but good for you, really!

9. AAASAS

Unfortunately and I'm being honest here, this also isn't my personal opinion, society frowns upon hairy legged woman, it gives hint they're either dirty, don't care about themselves....etc.

You could be a fully functioning happy adult and still have this stigma.

10. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Shaving is your personal choice to make you don't have to do it unless you want to. I personally only shave my pits and crotch because it only takes a couple of minutes when I do it every day and those are areas that get sweaty and gross when I don't. I leave my legs hairy because it doesn't affect anything and shaving my legs takes a long ass time even if I do it regularly, and even when I shave my legs are never nice and smooth. They're covered with little bumps and scratches and weird patches and such, so they still don't look like I think they should.

11. iiimee

Hey! I am a guy, and people stare at me BECAUSE I shave my legs. This used to be no big deal, but recently with my new haircut people always make a big deal out of it, calling me things like "dyke" or "gayboy" (which I mean, I like guys mostly, so...). However, didn't men used to wear high heels? And weren't shaved legs supposed to give the idea of youth, even on men? I personally only grow a few black hairs on my legs when I don't shave but I like the feeling of smooth legs... I have never seen it as something to be ashamed of.