1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too tired to exercise

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Defender, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Defender

Defender Guest

Hey,

I was just wondering what I should do on the days when I want to do some exercise, but feel too tired to do anything, due to medication, or just stress etc. Right now, I really want to workout, I tried doing some earlier but just can't get things going. Some days are fine though, and I feel good before & after.

Any ideas on what I should do at times like these? Should I just do a small amount of exercise? It is really frustrating, because I can't hold a stable routine due to fatigue.

Thanks,
    Tez

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok.. To stop the fatigue you need to get good enough amounts of sleep. And I know your sleeping patterns aren't the best seeing as we're both generally online until late. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, be sure your diet is right, getting enough nutrients, vitamins, iron, etc.

And sometimes you'd feel tired from doing nothing, or having a sudden surge of exercise from doing nothing.

3. Defender

Defender Guest

But is it a good idea to do at least something on the days I feel worse?

4. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure.. I'd probably do a short walk, but nothing too straining.

5. EM68

Start off slowly. Like George said take a walk of do a few push ups or sits ups at a time. Also make sure your stretch. That way you do not hurt yourself. Try getting into a routine. Once you do you will feel more energetic and your body will miss working out. Good luck! If you need any advice PM me.

6. Gumtree

Have you got a goal?

What's your workout routine?

What kind of diet do you have? Does it vary?

Do you get atleast 6 hours sleep at night?

If you push yourself to exercise on day you feel crap, what happens?

What exercise do you do (like what moves, if you lift how much for how many reps etc)

What's your weight, weight, BMI, are you muscular/thin/average etc (look pretty good in your avatar if you ask me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

What meds are you on and why?

Any family history of asthma?

Baby im in the element! Tell me your details and we will work out the perfect routine for you.

P.S
    If you want to do this privately, just PM me or something.

7. KaraBulut

The problem with doing strenuous exercise when you're tired is that you're at greater risk for injury. And it is discouraging when you are trying to exercise but your workout ends up being crappy because you're tired.

On days where you are tired, you can do low-grade exercise. Sometimes when you start out exercising when you're tired, the exercise will make feel like doing more exercise. If that's the case, then as you begin to get your second-wind you can increase to more strenuous exercise.

But your best option is to address the cause- address why you are feeling tired.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Have you tried watching some fighting/workout videos on youtube?? to boost your motivation?? normally works

9. tm74

tm74 Guest

I actually find getting exercise gives me more energy - no matter how crap I feel before, I almost always feel better after a session in the pool.

I'd certainly recommend doing some light exercise generally - whether you feel like it or not - but equally, figure out why you're not sleeping - one thing I had problems with, and I don't think has been mentioned yet is cafeine.

I personally avoid caffeinated drinks after 6pm - that includes cola, tea, coffee, etc - and I certainly find I sleep better now than I did.

10. Kimi

I'd only do stretches if I was tired:slight_smile:

11. randombelle

Just don't push yourself. Make sure you have a good nights sleep, vitamins and a balanced diet. Also remember, that exercising daily is in fact not completely necessary. Just stay active when your tired and you'll be fine.

12. StressedEric

Sleep is important, but to echo sentiments above, diet is everything. Eat well and try and get your 5 fruit and veg a day. If you can keep a good diet up for a week and exercise daily you will feel fantastic and see huge benefits.

13. 1974

A small amount of exercise can help as recovery but you have to listen to your body if it is telling you that you are tired then rest.

Depends on if it is true tiredness or cant be bothered tireness, the second one is when light exercise is best.

14. JMar2222

im a health nut, i try to work out everyday, even if im in rehearsals and dont get outta school until 9:00. for me, it's all about sleeping. any less than seven hours and i have to skip working out. your metabolism does not respond well to sleep deprivation- in fact it can lead to weight gain. so if your averaging 8-9 hours a night, that's a first step.

i always make sure i'm eating things that will help me in the long run. i eat a lighter more high nutrient breakfast like a packet of vitamin c, a banana (which is the superfood), coffee (must have for me), and usually like a high vitamin or mineral cereal like special K, or Total. then for lunch i usually eat my carbs just because i have so much after, and for dinner something lighter and more vegetable and fruit based, nothing that will weigh me down for when i work out. eating foods like pastas and meats are great, but not within like two hours of working out.

and last. i drink water. stay constantly hydrated. the next time you feel exhausted, drink a couple bottles of water and i guarentee u'll feel loads better. staying hydrated is the most important!

15. limfjord96

Spot on..the more you work out the more energy you get. Make sure you are eating regularly too