1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nom nom nom, nipple cyst?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by The Enigmatic, Oct 31, 2008.

1. I got my nipple pierced some time ago (a few months ago, I'm not sure when) and things were iffy for a bit but nothing major.
    But a few weeks ago I (somehow) ran - and I mean RAN - into a doorframe slamming into it.
    And of course my nipple was the first thing to come into contact with the frame.
    It bled a little and for a short time but things were cool, until now. A few days ago I found an itty bitty lump below/behind the piercing but deeper inside my nipple.
    So I'm hoping it's a cyst, and not an abscess (I heard those were worse), and I'm going to make a doctors appointment on monday.

It was playing up for a bit after running into the doorframe but it never escalated to a full blown infection.

I was just wondering if it could have been coursed by trauma or do they only come from infections? Because as far as I know my piercing is not infected.

Has anyone happened to have had a similar experience? Or have any comments to add?

2. KaraBulut

Given the history, it sounds like local trauma. Infections from nipple piercings aren't uncommon but usually they are warm, red and have pus draining from the piercing.

Let us know what the doctor says.