1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My anxiety is getting worse.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by crazycat, Jan 30, 2015.

1. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Lately my anxiety has been getting worse. It hasn't been this bad in a while, since I've been treating it with therapy and medication, but lately I've been having anxiety attacks almost every day. When they happen, I feel light headed, my chest hurts, and I feel like I'm trapped. I compare it to the story from the movie Creepyshow with the cheating wife, where her jealous husband buries her and her lover neck deep in sand right along the shore as high tide is coming.

I'm worried it might have something to do with my new ADD meds, since I heard they can worsen anxiety, but I don't take it most days. Usually I can't think of any real cause for my anxiety. Like for the past few months if I was having really bad anxiety one day it usually had something to do with money problems or work related stress, but I've been having these feelings even when everything is okay, which again I haven't really had happen in a while and it hasn't been this bad.

I feel like I'm taking some huge steps backwards in terms of my progress. I've been drinking more, and my therapist suggested going back into the intensive care program for my drinking but I really don't want to be in intensive care again.

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Drinking is not going to help your mood with your medications. I would do your best to stop drinking. You know that.

It does sound like it could be a negative reaction to the change in medication. Talk to your doctor ASAP since it is effecting your every day life.

3. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Drinking causes anxiety as it wears off, really bad anxiety when you already had it. ADD meds definitely cause it, that's why I quit focalin and just went with Strattera. Its not as effective but I'm functioning better.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried breathing exercises and grounding at all?