1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling suicidal.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AAASAS, Feb 1, 2015.

1. AAASAS

I am just feeling really crappy right now...

How do you deal with suicidal thoughts, mine are at the point where it almost makes me feel good to think about it.

I've been made to feel shitty, and I can't get an explanation for it , and I don't know if I'll ever feel good about myself if I don't get it.

2. arkemdis

arkemdis Guest

Don't wallow in them, go do something else dude....play a video game...go to a gym, go to a library, whatever hobbies you've got....watch some comedy clips...eat something nice.

Let's say you're hungry but really want to loose weight?...it's kinda like that.

3. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If it makes you feel good to think about suicide, please see a therapist, call a hotline, talk to someone!! you CAN feel good about yourself again, with time and help. I've been depressed and suicidal and with help and therapy and for a while, prescriptions, I now have a great life. Believe me it really does get better!

4. Jerry36

Dude, i ve been there too....now i am on top of the world ( sort of). Can you tell What causes those feelings? The hardest part of feeling depressed is to take action..but thats exactly what you have to do. What worked for me is going to the gym....not only for exercising ( works like antidepressants) but also gain some muscles. It worked for my self esteem and the way i looked about myself. The best part is you dont have to talk to people☺️ Just use you earphones..

One other thing that helped me...is to look at it as a chemical inbalance in your head. Thats all what it is. I was convinced i would never ever felt hapiness again, feeling like a loser, thinking i deserved the way i felt for whatever reason. Thinking about it as a chemical inbalance releases you from feeling its your fault...

And last, try medication. Those bastards really help after two weeks usually. The best part of feeling normal again? You cant even remember how terrible you ve felt..

Pm me if you have questions

Keep up
    Jerry

5. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    88 views and only 3 (now 4) replies?! That's sad...
    Dude I totaly understand. I've tried to commit suicide twice. I don't think I have any legit advice but I'll tell you what I do... I suffer from depression but not all the time. I can tell when my mental state shifts, so when this happens I go out of my way to observe things around me. I try and notice the good things around me. Not necessarily actions affecting me, but just a man stopping to help an old lady, etc. It sounds stupid but focusing on the good makes a huge difference for me. Make a list of your best qualities (force yourself to write something down) and be nice to other people. Their reactions always make me feel good.
    I guess that's all I have say... Hang in there. One day youll look back and think "Damn I'm so glad I didn't go through with that..."

6. indiqo

ikr. I think people are so afraid of suicide.

I think you should seek help. if you feel unsafe I urge you to seek help asap in order to keep yourself safe.

it's very individual but some things which help me are:

- feeling my feet pressing on the ground
    - trying to do something relaxing
    - finding something which makes me happy
    - thinking of the future (even if it feels impossible)
    - pretending I'm somewhere else
    - immersing myself in a book or music (another thing which is difficult)
    - talking to someone/writing things down
    - writing a note to myself when I am well, to read when I am not

please pm me if you need someone to talk to

(*hug*)

7. lilstar04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sucide is never the answer. Happiness is not one otherside or in the end of life. All it is live die repeat. The earth is a school for us to learn many lesson which includes difficulties and unhappiness. If we sucide that just put us in repeat mode again with addition homework. Reincarnation is a tiring wheel. Only when we have accomplished all our lessons we ca graduate with happiness and inner peace! Please read brian Weiss same soul many bodies. Since it has helped me.

8. blue6

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, one thing that really helps me is journaling. Find a notebook and write your thoughts feelings, lists , ideas.. Just write.

For me this gets all my thoughts down on a page and gives me some distance from then.

Also, if you like reading, you can write down quotes in your journal. Or anything you come across in life that inspires you...

I really wish you all the best

9. GreyIce1

No one at all sad life is easy: for 90% of us it is very difficult. However, we have commitments to out friends and family to keep going.

10. DuckMcQuacky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I don't have depression, but what helps me is:
    1)talk to someone, or write out your feelings. Or draw them out, whatever suits you.
    2)get some fresh air, and some sunshine if there is any
    3)take a shower
    4)keep a journal where you write what makes you happy. It's great for when you're having bad days
    5) please consider going to a psychiatrist. He might help you. There's no need to shoulder all your feelings and tough it out
    6)be proud of yourself! You've lived through you hardships, the low points and are still kicking and refusing to succumb to your depression. You're very brave.