1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Long Does It Take For Exercise To Take Effect?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ZenMusic, Feb 5, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

I'm thinking about going to the Gym soon and I turned 15 about a month ago. I don't care how long it takes, but how long is it for nost people before they see a "change?"

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well its possible you feel a change quite soon...
    like feeling a bit more energetic... or feeling better overall...

I'd say its a few weeks before you see a bit of a change, it depends... and well maybe you are contend with a more toned body and a better overall feeling...

3. lyjo

In my experience, after the first few workouts you'll feel great (healthier, happier, more energy,...). Depending on how often you exercise, the results'll be more or less fast. I was exercising 8 hours a week. The first month, I lost weight, mainly just fat. After that I just started gaining muscle. I'd say that withing three month, you'll really be seeing results and look pretty toned. It really depends on the person though. It's faster for men than woman. Also, if you're overweight, it'll take longer. Some people bulk up whereas other just get slim. Anyway, working out is awesome. Just enjoy it and the rest'll follow.

4. ZenMusic

Ok, are there any specific apparatus that are good for working out?

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you go there, there might be an introduction by a trainer included... they could show you around and tell you what aparatus is for what... how its used...
    and you could ask them for a list of what would be advisable, depending on your goals...
    and you might try out a few of them, which ones you like...

and maybe an overall training program would be fine, with a bit of stamina included, like running a few minutes...

6. lyjo

Joining a sport team is way more fun than weight lifting. Try boxing or rowing or rugby or crossfit. Check out different sports and clubs. If what you want to do is just get toned, then you should agree on a training routine with a coach. Push-ups, abs, running, you can do that on your own, but if you're going to start lifting weights you should make sure you know what you're doing. Punching bags are great, but you can injure yourself if you don't punch properly and overtrain. Of course, overtraining is really bad, so keep in mind that getting fit takes regurlar training. Stretch, and don't train the same muscles everyday. Give yourself one or two rest days per week and eat heathly. At your age, avoid proteine shakes and all that shit. I wrote loads, but what I'm trying to say is that you should be responsible and mature about this, don't lift ultra heavy weights and brake your back in an attempt to look muscly. :slight_smile:

7. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    having a bit of intro training .. with a personal trainer - will short cut the process if you explain what you want out of the gym

I went with a personal trainer
    took their advice on protein drinks and stuff
    and found body shape changes within a few months

well worth the struggle and the sweat !!

8. ANewDawn

Also depends on what you want to happen to your body. Cardio, like running on the treadmill or elliptical, makes you slim down. If you want to bulk up with muscle, strength training like lifting weights will do it for you.

9. Zombi3

At your age, quite fast. Maybe after 2 weeks... But it does depend on what you do, and the duration.

10. 29Ceres92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Depends on your goal, you'll make gains/fat loss quite quickly at first, but at your age, avoid free weights, stick to fixed weight machines, free weights can stunt bone growth.