1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Eat When Hungry

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Numfarh, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I've had this problem before, but it has never been so intense as today.

When I don't eat for a long time, I find I get really nauseated. My stomach is churning and my head swims. The simple solution to this would be to eat something, right? Well, I can't. When I'm hungry, I feel sick. I know eating would make me feel better, but I can't do it.

Today, for example, I didn't eat anything till like 1:00pm, because I wasn't particularly hungry. When I got up to get something out of the fridge, I was starving. It felt like my stomach was eating itself and I ran to the bathroom and puked. So I figured, I'll try to eat something. An apple? Puked up. I just spent two hours eating a sandwich and forcing myself to keep it down. I still feel sick!

Since this has happened before, I think it isn't that I have the flu (no fever yet). What's up with me and my freakin' digestive system? It's rejecting what it needs most!

:help:

2. Eat before you get hungry?

3. Myke

Myke Guest

I suggest going to see a doctor about it, they would probably know whats going on

4. SamAlex728

GO TO THE DOCTOR! And hope they will know what's wrong....

I was like this once before, and it lasted for 2 weeks straight, they didn't know what was wrong, and I puked every time I would eat. So, again.....GO TO THE DOCTOR!

P.S. Sorry if that sounded a little pushy

5. KaraBulut

The symptoms that you describe are hypoglycemia.

You'll need to get on a regular eating schedule and eat whether you feel hungry or not. If you waited until 1PM to eat, then you most likely went over 16 hours without eating. That's a long time.

If you continue to have these symptoms, then you should see your doctor for testing.