1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do??

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alwayshope11, Feb 13, 2015.

1. alwayshope11

So I have a new boyfriend..:slight_smile::slight_smile: and we have talked about sex and he said he gets tested for hiv every six months and gets blood work etc done every year or more too. He has an appointment next week to get tested for everything std wise, but is soing it just for my piece of mind since he always makes sure he is safe and gets a clean bill of health from his previous boyfriends. So obviously I don't want to have anal sex until I know for sure he's std free and even then I will use a condom, but we have been dating for a month now and want to get more intimate..would you guys have oral sex before the test results came back if you were in a committed relationship? Obviously I know you can get stds this way but with all the blood work he has gotten I'm sure he doesn't have any life threatening ones.

2. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What would I do? I'm not the best person to ask. I've had sex with strangers. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I use condoms mind you, but I don't look over their medical paperwork. It's good that you're being cautious, but I think oral sex is generally not that risky. I would say go ahead and have oral sex, but make sure that neither of you has any open wounds or sores around your mouth or penis and don't take his cum into your mouth.

3. guitar

I tend to agree with Blackbirdz. Don't let him finish in your mouth & make sure you don't have any open sores/bleeding gums. One rule of thumb is don't brush your teeth right before giving oral.

4. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I went through the same thing. I wanted to "give", but we were waiting on the results. Just wait the extra week or two.

5. alwayshope11

did he end up being negative?

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, I don't know if you should make your health decision based on what a bunch of random anonymous guys on an internet forum say that they would do. But I can answer you question, and tell you that I would absolutely have oral sex with him. you can research the risks on the internet, and see what they are. there are some, and I guess there always are because we never really know what the other person has done, but we trust them anyway. we spend our whole lives evaluating risks in situation, and determining what is an acceptable risk for us, which is different for each person. some people are pretty reckless, but that is what that persons decides is acceptable risk. My risk tolerance is probably higher than yours, but I would absolutely do oral with this guy.

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I was the one getting oral not giving, but I was in a similar situation last week with my new bf. I had told him I had been negative and hadn't had sex in 12 years and was tested in October after coming out to a lot of people to ready myself for a relationship. So, no, I told him that I wanted him to get tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia, hpv etc. as well as HIV. All the results came back negative, but he had sex in early January. So, I now we have a 1 1/2 window left for him to be completely cleared of HIV. We have agreed to wait until then to engage in anal. Even then, we both are going to practice safe sex. To get to all the bases, you have to make sure they are covered first. :lol:

Anyways, tldr version: See if you can go with him for a "testing together" sesssion to ease both of your minds. Check with your local LGBT center for this option.

#7 QueerTransEnby, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015