1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headaches almost every day?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How likely is it anxiety can cause daily headaches? I mean I feel like I'm having to take a Tylenol daily because I start getting head pain every day. Or at least almost every day. I used to get headaches only once in a blue moon or once a month but now it's like >_< However I've also been under so much stress this year which although lower this term than last, still always kind of on edge? Can anxiety cause daily headaches?

2. lyjo

Hi! I don't much abiut this and recently looked it up. There's a thing called tensions headaches:Tension Headaches
    Web md says it all, I won't even try to sound like a prifessional :wink: Hope it helps

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stress could be it, muscle tension in your neck?
    Or food allergy possible

but in any case you should take advice from your doctor

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can't see a doc until April :frowning2: So just hope it is as you said lyjo, tension headaches...though back in December I had a really rough massage and got a migraine, then had second migraine two weeks later after another lighter massage. But I think that first one must have irritated a nerve or something...cause normally I never get two migraines in the span of a month. Normally it's once every like...six months or once a year.

5. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yes anxiety and many things can cause headaches
    few years back I was getting them and it came down to an eye exam and a new prescription for my contacts

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Careful with coffeine and cigarettes. Also drink lots of water, and do breath exercises at least once a day. To drink more water can also help.

When it hurts, it's always on the same spot and side of your head, or is it different this time?
    Are them migraines, with aura and everything, or headaches?

7. Nightstep

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a very similar issue- I was getting migraines on a daily basis in high school and taking ibuprofen every day for them. Now, I've built up a tolerance for that stuff. Things got slightly better in college, but I was still getting headaches on pretty much a daily basis. I moved to taking excedrin for them.
    When I started vet school 1.5 years ago, they came back with a vengence (I think due to stress). I had seen a neurologist before and just determined it was likely related to my period and put on birth control pills. The new neurologist I saw put me on topamax and folic acid which has helped with the severity, but I'm still taking excedrin pretty daily (just no migraines daily anymore). I have imatrex for migraines but I rarely take that as it makes me feel odd.
    I also added a lot of protein back into my diet as I was pretty much a vegetarian (minus eating a little chicken) for almost 8 years. So I started eating meat again (I think it has helped a bit). My blood sugar drops if I don't eat enough and I can definitely tell.
    Hope that helps... feel free to message me. It's something I've been dealing with for nearly 10 years.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Primarily just headaches. No aura thank god. And Tylenol does tend to get rid of them for the most part. Sometimes have to take another dose later in the day sometimes. I'm having to view a lot of overheads and back in primary school I had glasses (which I lost and never replaced) so it could be eye strain too.

9. Nightstep

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did go and get my eyes checked when I was home for break and replaced some very old glasses recently (which I never had to wear). But now I'm wearing them during class. I guess every little thing helps? I've also heard taking Magnesium can help as well (which I might start doing...)

10. Wildside

Wildside Guest

not good to keep taking those pills every day. if you are finding that you can't live without them, call the clinic back and explain, and tell them that it is really important for you to get in sooner. and be careful with the dosage. It's easy to cross the line with Tylenol and take a fatal dose. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002598.htm

11. Romi

Being someone who has suffered from migraines since the age of five, I know a thing or two about head pain.

Yes, stress can cause headaches. Tension headaches are cruddy, but they are manageable! So you're in luck. Obviously, you want to do your best at trying to maintain a healthy, stress-free lifestyle as much as possible. Make sure you're getting plenty of water and sleep. Those things really affect your body and lead to headaches when you neglect to remember their importance.

Also, something you might want to consider. If you're someone who isn't used to having headaches everyday and you begin to take medication every single day for those headaches, you will eventually start hurting yourself rather than helping. One side effect from taking too much OTC headache medicine is in fact...getting a headache. It's called a rebound headache. So if you can, try to ditch the pills for a day or two. It'll suck, but in the end it'll be worth it.

In place of the meds, go for more natural approaches. Mint is wonderful for relieving head pain. Make mint tea. Use mint body wash if you have it. Again, double your water intake. Use a cold compress. Pressing to the temples and back of the neck helps to lessen the strain, even if only temporarily. Meditate; as silly as this one might sound, it has been known to help alleviate tension. If you or someone else is able, massage your pressure points, particularly those of the feet. Along those lines, mind the temperature of your feet. You can soak them in cool/cold water to achieve the same results as a compress.

I hope this helps a bit. I've got more where that came from. :slight_smile:

12. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Switch to aspirin, or at least give it a try.

Get those beautiful eyes checked. If you work on IT, or spend a lot of time in front of a screen, try to move your eyes away for 10 minutes, focus on something else.

Definitely, try aspirin. I was taking +8/day in my teens at some point, but usually a couple of them kept the worse at bay, plus they taste yummy as well...

Don't abuse any medicament, but if you want to try to abuse something more effective get aspirin.
    /*end of shameless german advertisement YAY!!*/

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As people have pointed out, anxiety can cause tension headaches. It can cause he neck muscles to become tense which can make your head hurt.

I have anxiety problems and if I get really anxious it can cause me to really tense up and give me bad headaches. There are periods where I'll get them almost daily for a week or more and then I'll go through periods of less stress and hardly get them.

Some other things are straining your neck (studying), not eating well (too much sugar), lack of sleep, etc...

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One should also note I kind of am at my computer at home while lying on my bed not at a desk so I am likely irritating the neck muscles quite a bit because of my posture...

15. KayJay

Should go see a doctor. I'm sure anxiety could have something to do with it.

Seeing a doctor is best though, years ago my first step dad had headaches every day and it turned out he had a brain tumor. He had it removed and it doing great but things like headaches daily you shouldn't take too lightly.