1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

???

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MattyPatty, Nov 8, 2008.

1. MattyPatty

Kay.. I don't really know what is going on but for like a week now all I've been wanting to do is sleep, like I'm tired all the time but I can't just sleep cause I've got too much homework to do, but it's not like I'm lacking sleep, I got to bed 10-11ish and then try to get up at 7, but I still feel tired all the time, I don't understand it. And I've been getting headaches almost everyday since I've started feeling retardedly tired. :bang: I don't know what to do cause I've been taking tylonol and wake-up pills but they aren't really working. I think I just failed 2 tests on friday cause I keep falling asleep in class and I don't know what's going on.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    mono? idk

3. Brett

Sounds like something to see a doctor about........
    I've heard of something like this before......I konw I have.....I just can't think of where.
    I'll post back if I can think of it.

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the best thing you can do is see your doctor about it. I'm sure it's nothing serious but you want to make sure. There's no reason you should be feeling tired all the time. Hope you start feeling more awake and energized again. :slight_smile:

5. Ben

Ben

Have you got any other symptoms? As in new kinds of pain around your body, confusion, lack of concentration, brain fog etc...?

The conditions I can think of may be narcolepsy, depression, chronic fatigue syndome. It's worth seeing a doctor about this.

6. KaraBulut

If this is a new symptom for you, then you should see a doctor and have some tests run.

7. Amy

Amy

thats my un-educated guess too.

my advice? see a doctor. it could be something bad, or something easily fixed.

8. Jim1454

What are you taking tylenol for? Are you experiencing some kind of pain? Or are you taking them hoping that they'll make you feel more awake? And what kind of wake-up pills are you talking about?!?

Generally speaking, when you take pills (or coffee or something else) to make you feel more awake, they only last so long. And then you end up feeling more tired than you did before. Then it requires more pills (or whatever) to get the same effect the next day.

Depression can cause us to feel tired all the time. And stress can sometimes bring on depression. So while you've perhaps been getting a decent amount of sleep this week, what about the weeks leading up to this week? Have you been getting to bed at a decent hour?

9. MattyPatty

I've been taking tylonol for the headaches, they get really intense sometimes. And before this week I had normal sleeping patterns as well. I guess I'll see a doctor about it.. but I don't have a family doctor.. so I'll just go to a walk in clinic or something. Thanks for the responses, I'll let you know what they find xD

10. MattyPatty

Urg, I don't feel like going to a doctor. I think it's probably just a cold or something cause my throat is starting to hurt and that usually happens when I get a cold.

11. Nitro

Dietary changes? A lack in certain minerals can negatively impact your body's ability to use the energy in the food consumed. Even if this is not the cause, a snappy answer of what you eat would probably help the doc move on to other likely suspects.

12. Peter

Go out, take a long walk, do some exercise, fill your lungs with fresh air, go for a run, have a shower when you get back, eat some hard fruit (apples rather than bananas), then try to get some homework done. Also, don't hesitate to have a nap. A nap in the middle of the day (15-20 minutes) is a great vitalizer (that's not a word, but "vitalize" is, so "vitalizer" should be). If it doesn't get better, see a doctor...