1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I caved in to self harming again.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by YunoGasai, Mar 1, 2015.

1. YunoGasai

So tonight i caved into self harming again for the first time in about two months.so three months ago my depression got to the point of me not wanting to eat anything and suicidal thoughts being an all to regular occurrence.so for a while i hid my emotions and my feelings behind a kinda fake smile. after a month of self harming and a close call on suicide
    i told my best friend. she was supportive and helped me alot.

one month later and its all coming back, the lack of sleep, not wanting to eat,suicidal thoughts and not wanting to see anyone at all. so in order to cope with it i started cutting again. any ideas on what i should do?

#1 YunoGasai, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. Yosia

*hugs* I am really sorry that this is happening to you. But we can sort it, don't worry! <3

Even though it is a coping strategy, we should eliminate the self harming. This can require strong willpower sometimes, but whenever you feel like you need to cut, distract yourself by texting someone, playing a game, playing with a pet etc. Hopefully this will help you forget about self-harming for that little while, and then altogether hopefully.

But self-harming isn't the only issue, we need to eliminate the sadness altogether! If your best friend was supportive and helpful, then go to her and tell her how you feel. Even telling people can make you happier sometimes, but the love and care from other people can help an enormous amount. Also, try and find something you enjoy doing such as watching TV series/anime, playing sports, an activity such as painting, etc. and these can help as not only distractions, but make you feel happier and more accomplished - especially if you do an activity well such as drawing a very good picture or winning a game, the satisfaction from these things helps a lot.

Never forget that there's people who care. <3

3. YunoGasai

thanks for the reply. i can usually distract myself in some way but when i cant that is when these thoughts really takes over, also the friend i talked to is really hard to get in contact with, im lucky to talk to her once a week.i do want to tell another close friend but shes already got one person suffering with depression so id rather not put more weight on her shoulders.

4. Yosia

Is there not anyone else you can tell? Even if it is people you text more than speak to, even texting can help soo much.
    While you are being caring and not wanting to pressure your friend, if I was her, I would rather you tell me so I could help you deal with it. I'm sure your friend would think like this too, at least to some extent. ^^

5. YunoGasai

there's not really anyone else i feel comfortable telling this stuff too other than those two. also the one that already has one depressed friend is also really stressed with school and relationship stuff.

6. AsheTheHuman

How are you doing right now emotionally? I know when I relapsed back into self harm I felt terrible and blamed myself, which in turn, only made things worse. I'd also like to tell you that it very well may help for you to keep posting here. I know it helped me.

7. YunoGasai

to be honest i don't really know how i feel.half the time im fine but as soon as i think about myself in anyway i begin to hate myself more and more.

8. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been where you are. Just take it one day at a time. When you're feeling stressed, try to find something, wherever you are, that you like to look at or that looks nice; it sounds stupid, but it works. And try to find something that you're really into, if you haven't already; for me, it's music- I'm beyond obsessed- but for you it might be something different...like computers maybe.
    Are you into gaming or coding or what? My brother can do some coding so I know a little bit about it.
    My wall is always open, and hopefully my application will get approved soon so we can pm.

9. AsheTheHuman

Yeah, I know those feelings. Is there anything I can do to help? I used to self harm too. Do you have any questions?

10. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    :smilewave Its good your talking about it, the worst you can do is hide and mask these feelings, beyond that the only advice I have is put on that fake smile until you find your real one I'm in the same boat brother, even tho the way we escape is different. Just keep good family/friends at your side cause playing Russian roulette with our lives is what were doing....I love you stay strong your not alone...and life is an unforgiving bitch at times....(*hug*)

11. shota

shota Guest

yes I have did self harm myself I try to cut off my woman part

12. YunoGasai

thanks for all the support :slight_smile: does anyone have any ideas on how to stop these feelings from ever showing up?

13. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    1.medication /therapy 2.meditation/maybe religion 3. Replacing that bad obsession with a healthy hobby /habit and most of all support support support its hard to suffer and feel so isolated...good luck lots of love *hugs*...message my crazy ass if you have to your never alone friend

14. YunoGasai

with people like you support isn't a problem :slight_smile: as for hobby's i listen to a lot of music watch a lot of tv and play a lot of games.

15. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    ^^ see gaming or music or what ever floats the boat is what counts buddy...just message me or someone else if you get urges to self harm .one day at a time.

16. YunoGasai

i decided to look online to research more into self harm and it said something about how it can be linked to a personality disorder. i then researched into these disorders and made a paint document of things that apply to me or not.what do you think? [​IMG]

sorry about the blurriness

17. AsheTheHuman

I can't see anything :/ Anyways though, just be careful in self diagnosis. It's not all that accurate.

18. AsheTheHuman

I can see it now. Anyways, I'd like to know something. What do you think when you look at that chart? Just gut feelings.

19. Section18

Section18 Guest

See your GP.

20. YunoGasai

On gut feelings I think I might possibly have borderline/emotionaly unstable . But houhestly I don't really know. I did make another thread asking what they thought and this really helpful person gave me sone really useful information e.g not being able to control my emotions being semi normal for someone my age.