1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight Issue.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Midnight Angel, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Ok so I used to have anorexia, but I beat it. The problem is it warped my body pretty badly. You can see my ribs, spine, and hip bones pretty well. My question is, how can I gain back weight in a healthy manner? I don't just want to eat a bunch of crap and not exercise, so there has to be a good way to gain it back.

2. revolutionrock

Eat lots of protein and exercise. :slight_smile:

I've been using this method for about 2 months and have gained about 15 lbs. I'm thinking it must be mostly muscle, because I have a generally healthier look - more toned, less jiggly. Haha.

But yeah, don't just eat garbage. It'll bulk you up quicker, but at the expense of your general health.

3. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

really? wow :frowning2:, would suggest a few things i recently had weight issues myself with getting too skinny. and gained most of my normal weight in a normal way. I would suggest going on a heavy protein diet, i have a few food suggestions i can give you.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Have you tried the health issue magazines?? maybe try eating more meat and excersise, or try protein tablets?

5. Jim1454

Eat 3 healthy meals a day, and 3 healthy snacks. It's that easy.

Protein is an important component to a diet because the body uses it over time - avoiding the peaks and valleys of sugar and highly processed food. Meats are obvious, but nuts (including peanut butter) also are a good source of protein.

But to put some 'meat on those bones' you can also eat carbs - breads and pasta. Those are fairly inexpensive and can be tasty with jarred sauce (the pasta) and peanut butter (the bread).

My bf put me onto eating protein rich granola with yogurt for breakfast, or waffles with peanut butter, bananas and syrop. Breakfast is possibly the most important meal - because it lets your body know that you have no plans to 'starve' it today. It can take that energy and use it in whatever way it needs - including building muscle.

Good luck. I'm sure there are ALL kinds of resources on the web that you could use.

6. That's probably what I'll do, eat nuts for protein. I don't like meat (not a vegetarian, I just can't physically stomach the taste of meat) so I have to get protein through some other vector.

7. Jim1454

Yes - 'Vector'! (Kelloggs cereal) It is a source of protein. So you can watch for it in lots of things.

A rule of thumb I was told was read the nutrition info on the packaging. It's probably not bad for you if there are as many or more grams of protein as there are grams of fat. Tofu (I think) is another source of protein. Cheese too I think. Lots of places.

At the same time, you might want to start exercising - start out really slow. Just walking would be good if you don't do much of that. It's good for your legs, back and stomach.