1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How/Should I Shave My legs?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JooBooGoo, Mar 5, 2015.

1. JooBooGoo

I have always felt kinda gross about having leg hair. The only problem is that freinds I know tend to believe in gender stereotypes, and probably think that having no guy leg hair is gay and only for girls (but isn't it a coincidence that I also happen to be gay). I often times have to wear shorts during the summer to not overheat so I'm afraid that this could be problematic. And these are the same people that I am still having to stay closeted to.
    So my question is, would shaving my legs be a bad idea?

---------- Post added 5th Mar 2015 at 08:52 AM ----------

Sorry I forgot to ask, do you need to do anything different when shaving the legs than the face?

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I heard somewhere that wax's the best. It hurts tho...

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to shave your legs, shave them. I'm not gonna lie, I find it somewhat odd when I see a guy with smooth legs, but the fact that I've seen it more than a few times means there are other guys out there who feel the same way you do. Also, even if I think it looks a little odd, I definitely don't think it looks gay. That's honestly never even crossed my mind.

Point is, if you feel like shaving, just shave! It's your body, and it certainly doesn't make you look gay. (Guys also have to shave their legs for some sports, by the way).

As for how to shave, I'd say it's no different than shaving your face. (Assuming you don't use an electric razor, but a normal razor with shaving cream).

4. Alt

Alt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just tell them you'd look gayer wearing booty shorts due to heat. Use an electric shaver if your leg hair is long, if it's short like stubble, after a hot shower just put om shaving cream and use a manual razor. You will need to do it twice or so to get all the hair off.

5. Tudi

I think it's a normal to shave your legs. Also if you won't like it, you always can stop shave your legs for good because you're a guy.
    What about methods:
    You can use a shaver. It it does not hurt at all but in this case you should do it may be every three days (it's pretty individual)
    If you are lazy (like me) you can use wax or epilator. It hurts, yeah, but then you shouldn't do it again long enough.
    Hmm, I think for shaving legs you need all stuff (like shaving-cream and After Shave Cream) that you use for shaving face.