1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if a guy is straight or not

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sitgeta1, Mar 7, 2015.

1. sitgeta1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We’ve all probably heard before how as gay guys we are equipped with a “gaydar” but it doesn’t seem to work for me. I have a really hard time trying to figure out what guy is straight and what guy isn’t and as a result I’m either too scared to make a move and embarrass myself or I might end up missing out on something that could turn out to be potentially great.
    For example, I usually play with my dog in my terrace that faces right into the window of my neighbor’s house. For the last couple of days I’ve been noticing this guy who keeps looking at me while I play catch with my dog and he seems to be around my age. I thought he was just being curious and thought he was being discrete even though I could see him clearly but today I saw him looking at me from the window with his shirt off. Did he just wake up or is he trying to show off? He was touching his chest too but he looks really straight.
    The thing is what are some signs I should look out for? Should I one day go out shirtless too and see if he looks back or am I reading this whole thing wrong?

2. robclem21

This is an interesting one. Why don't you try waving at him or something and see if he waves back? I think that may be a better approach then trying to seduce him. Maybe see if he's in fact looking at you or see how he responds when you acknowledge that he's looking?

I'd be cautious because this has the potential to get really awkward but coming from someone with really good "gaydar" I feel like you are definitely onto something here. Just play it slow and see how it goes. If he waves back then maybe wave for him to come out and play catch with you and your dog, and take it from there... Have you spoken to him before?

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every male, and most females, have some degree of gaydar (related to me).

G/B men have a brand, version, or update of gaydar that works the best.

Straight men also have it, but it's not as fine tuned, because they miss some of the candidates G/B men would pick up.

Women who can pick and choose have good gaydar. Unless the guy is impossibly hot, it works to keep them from wasting their time.

Women who cannot pick and choose may have some gaydar, but choose to shut it off - basically denial - to find someone, depending on how needy they are.

Trust your gut. Don't be pushy or ingratiate yourself too much, though. It's a turn-off.