1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working out too hard

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by stimpacks, Mar 14, 2015.

1. stimpacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I do this every time. I over work myself and know I have really bad shin splints from running and I hurt my wrist real bad, and it might require surgery. I'm going to make an appointment Monday to see what the doctor says but I read some stuff online. I'm kind of sad because when you work hard on something, whatever it may be, and it just goes down. I'm going to have to start all over. I benched 245 and now I can barely bench the bar itself. It just sucks. I know during my recovery I am going to lose a lot of muscle mass and like I said it sucks to see everything you worked hard for go down.

I get over confident when I get good at something, then I don't even take breaks and just try to push my self. But I have only myself to blame, so please learn from my mistakes. Its good to take breaks and rest from what ever you doing.

2. Hiems

Yeah being overzealous can make you become prone to injuries. Take it easy and listen to your body. You're better off lifting less and not progressing, than lifting too much and getting hurt.

For instance, my brother busted his shoulders from benching by being too cocky and lifting too much. He had to recover for months until it healed.

Likewise, I ran so much, sans rest days, that I had a knee injury. It took a few weeks to heal on its own. Limping around wasn't fun :/