1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

people who have periods

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by flyinhernikes, Mar 17, 2015.

1. gross q i know.

does anyone wear pads under running clothes? as they are pretty see through..... i.e can see your undies in them. i dont mind that but a pad is kinda, like.... bulkier than your underwear... so it screams like hey im on my period...

never been one for tampons, just not for me. always a pad kinda person. thing is ive always taken it easier during it, but i recently took up an excercise class that is quite intense.... that i love and dont wanna miss..... does anyone wear pads under running clothes?

wearing a hoodie that goes past my hips isnt an option as its insanity and so you sweat buckets lol.

help/advice appreciated cuz its tomorrow night. eek.

2. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry, I don't personally have experience with wearing pads + running clothes but since you need advice quickly I'll just tell you what I can think of:
    - wear a long shirt (you mentioned that a hoodie would be to hot but maybe you have a long t-shirt?)
    - tie your hoodie around your waist (I don't know if that's possible or if it would just fall off while running)
    - get those really thin pads, maybe they won't show as much
    - wear thicker trousers if that's possible, so nothing shows
    - if you're all out of options and nothing else works, just don't give a sh*t if your pad is showing (I know I couldn't do that but maybe you're a bit more relaxed than I am.. who knows?)

Anyway, I hope you find a way!

3. Cynder

Thin pads generally don't show through clothing like that, but even thick pads aren't very noticeable to someone who is not looking for it. Good luck!

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

personally, I don't look in that direction unless it's for a much more substantial package. :lol:

5. Lunastel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could wear ultra thins. They still absorb well, too.

6. TraceElement

Always infinity are awesome. Very absorbent yet very thin.

7. Shinomori

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I second Always Infinity. They're great.

8. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just a question, why do you prefer pads? :astonished: I've never heard of anyone who prefers pads, every girl I talk to says they can't imagine going back to pads after they tried tampons... which is how I feel as well, I feel like they're two different worlds. When you wear pads, you can legit feel the blood dripping out of you all day long, you can feel the pad on your underwear, it smells bed, and you kinda sit in your own blood all day.. with a tampon, you cannot feel you have a tampon it, you cannot feel the blood dripping, and everything is clean and tidy, periods don't even seem like a big deal anymore with tampons. (and pain killers, of course LOL)

9. Thanks guys. In the end i wore one and just wore a longer tank top. The ones i use are thin anyway and i didnt realise cuz its just what i always use haha thanks.

I have endomitriosis and god the pain before i was on the pill was unbearable. Sticking anything up me is just not a thing for me. Even on the pill the pain.... just nope. Really tmi but im sure i have a tiny vagina lol. I can only just fit a finger up there even then it hurts which has always been a problem as youre supposed to feel where the tampon goes so you knkw ts in. If it aint broke dont fix it lol.

Ive tried but i juat cant get them up me even the teen ones. Ive used pads since i was 11. The only thing i wish i could do is use tampons for sport but otherwise im all dandy tbh. Many people do think im gross but then again ita not gross its just a period ha. I dont feel blood dripping iut of me but maybe thats cuz my flow is lighter than before idk. I dont smell cuz i change every few hours and shower haha. If they made tiiiiny eeny weeny tampons i might be able to use them lol. Envy people who can use them tbh as they do seem easier but pads are all fine for me really. Just gotta suck it up.

10. anonym

anonym Guest

I get really dysphoric from using tampons but would absolutely never go back to pads. It took me a long while to learn how to use tampons initially and a few different brands until I got it right every time. I also had to start out with smaller sizes and build up to super plus which I use now (sorry TMI :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) BUT I'd really recommend tampons for exercise. You can almost forget you even have a period with tampons :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2015 at 09:50 PM ----------

Fair enough if you can't use them for medical reasons. It's a shame though because honestly, periods used to ruin my life as a teenager and tampons have literally changed all that for me.

Erm....again tmi but I'm the same (I found that out when I tried using menstrual cups) but it doesn't stop me being able to use super plus tampons :eusa_danc

11. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use pads and I run and horseback ride. Some brands of pads are thinner than others. You can find pads that are very absorbent but not too thick. Be sure the pad is placed only as far back as it needs to be to prevent it from being noticeable.