1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm broken.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jeimuzu, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Jeimuzu

This morning I woke up and tried to stand up and my left knee completely gave in, as if it just couldn't take any weight. Didn't stop me playing football today, once it calmed down a bit. I went in goal, realised that every time I saved a shot with my legs I ended up in agony, and eventually realised I was better off playing outfield instead, at which point I ran like an idiot, managed not to break myself despite the dodgy knee, and was actually quite good. I wish we played more often, really.

And now, my index finger on my right hand feels like there's a fracture there. Which again, hasn't stopped me from typing like a man possessed. Because for the record, I type like a crazy man. A proper touch typist, I am. xD

Oh, and for the first time in my life I'm truly craving a massage. Am I just a sucker for punishment or something?

But yeah... I don't actually know what brought these injuries on. They've just sorta happened. My knee's good now unless I try to go up stairs quickly, and my finger is bearable, albeit not particularly comfortable. But still it's a bit strange how I've just had one of those days where I seem to have the body of an eighty year old. xD

2. Nodnarb

Maybe you should see the doctor?

A couple years ago, my dad had a toe that he said felt like it had a fracture. He said it wasn't bothering him too much, so he never went in to the doctor. A week or so later, his entire toe turned this green-ish yellow-ish color. It was disgusting. Anyways...we finally forced him to go to the doctor and it turned out he did fracture it...It took quite a while for it to go back to normal, and he was always complaining about it being sore. He still does, every once in awhile.

And I totally know what you mean about wanting a massage. I've felt the same way the past couple days.

3. kh23172

Jamie! You should definately NOT play sports if you have injuries. The best injuries come from putting excess stress on an already fragile fracture or weak muscle. I think you should go visit a doctor and at least see what he has to say. It's definately not a bad idea, please go soon!

Oh, and.. I LOVE the fact that you use the word "albeit". No one I know uses it, and I use it often.. it's one of my favorite words ever. :slight_smile:

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go to a doctor, asap. These aren't sorta just minor pains that are just random, it is something that is definitely wrong. It could be a problem with the muscles or the bone, and seeing a doctor would be the best idea.

5. lonejerseydevil

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard going through life feeling broken all the time. From the moment I wake up, to the moment I fall asleep, I feel broken, and rightfully so. Always trust your intuition and listen to your conscience.