1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I sex negative? Annoyed with oversexualization

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sweetfemme90, Mar 18, 2015.

1. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I belong to a group on a social media website for queer folks in my section of the world. It's fun to connect with people, read LGBT-related articles, discuss things, answer the question of the day....however there is one problem with the group and the worst part is, it just doesn't happen in the group...it's everywhere.

There is this cheering on of sexual exploitation. Sometimes with people they will giggle about the word penis or yell out how much they love boobies. It's like the 13-year-old slumber party that never ends. There are posters, billboards, signs, posts, advertisements that show women's cleavages and their butts, it's just so exaggerated and detached from the person. It just begins to be a little annoying?

It's hard to say something because I do get accused of being proper, serious, a 'stick in the mud' for not joining in on their fun. I just cannot see how this exploitation and immaturity is somehow comical? Am I making sense here? Should I try to expand my network a bit and attempt to find more mature people? Is that possible? Or am I just being a stick in the mud?

2. Tetra

I've seen this before and the only real thing that I can conclude from it (and this definitely doesn't apply to everyone) is that they aren't 100% secure/certain in their sexuality. I say this because often times, it's like they're trying to convince people (even themselves) that they're SO attracted to these things, or SO turned off by other things. So the only way that they know of to make sure everybody knows is to constantly bring it up and talk/joke about it.

I mean, if you want people to know something, do you not try to bring it up? If you don't think they got the message, you'd probably bring it up again. I feel like that's what these people are doing. They're obviously not overly mature either, if they can't see that what they're doing is unnecessary and childish.

3. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh I could say a lot about this and I could bet I'm not the only one. I do not even associate with these sort of groups, movements or anything because I'm a weirdo even among weirdos (not implying that being LGBT is being a weirdo, but I say this a lot and even wrote a poem about it once)

If you are considered a stick in the mud by those people then they really don't understand you and they're just wasting your time. I do not enjoy the constant orgies being held or whatever, but let me leave it at that. I've done enough raging for today already.