1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bookworm1986, Mar 18, 2015.

1. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've posted how at 29 still a virgin a complete virgin never been kissed, the original Josie grossy lol. In high school it was a conscious decision, in college the opportunity never came up. Now with family and worries I barley have time for myself. The other part was I waited because I wanted to be in love when it happened. I even had this fantasy of how and where, but now at 29 it seems like that fantasy will never happen. I know that once I better myself weight and self esteem wise I could hook up with someone. I waited because my friends mind you are all str8 have talked about thier first times, the ones that did it while in love have no regrets while the ones who did it as a random hook up have regrets and one even told me he felt cheap. I don't know, should I try an app hook up and get it over with or wait for love and go for it? :help:

2. Hopeful

I think you know deep down inside what you want. It's up to you for sure. However, sex is supposed to be something enjoyable and I would try not to stress about it.

3. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your right, I do. I want to be in love absolutely, consumingly, head over heels in love. I just go these apps because for the moment there my only outlet to see what's available per say.

4. robclem21

Aside from the whole regret/no regret thing, sex feels a million times better with someone who you are in love with, compared to some random hookup. There is never a rush for your first time and freaking out about it will only stop it from happening and make you panic when it does. Just relax and it will happen when it is meant to.

5. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Your first time should be with someone you trust. Instead of hook up apps, maybe try online dating and go an a few dates.

6. guitar

I agree with Runner, your first time should be with someone you feel a good connection to. You want someone who will keep you safe and help you through some of the awkwardness associated with a first time. I would go on a few dates first.

7. NewKid87

I agree. Nothing wrong with hook up apps if that's what you want, but if you try online dating you're more likely to find someone who's more interested in getting to know you/serious relationship/being in love. And someone like that is also less likely to be hung up about your inexperience. I've never been with a guy and I just recently started online dating - and while I haven't immediately found my prince charming - overall the guys have been nice and it has been fun, not stressful.

8. llamahoox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my first time about a month and a half ago and I am in my 40's. My reasons for ebing this age and not having had sex before were many and varied....but like you I knew that I wanted it to be with someone that I loved. That didn't end up being the case for me...but it was with someone that I had a rapport with and had come to know and trust via FB talks. He cared about my first time and wanted me to have a positive experience. And it was :slight_smile: I am so glad I waited until I knew inside of myself that I was ready. and although the chances are this guy and I wont be together again, I dont regret it for a moment. i kinda knew inside myself that this was one of the steps I had to take in order for me to find the 'right one'.....because now, when i do find the 'right one' I will know that sex for the first time isnt something to fear or be anxious about..provided it is with someone that you trust :slight_smile: Just wait my friend. Take it from someone who's been in your position: you will feel it in yourself when the time is right, you'll just KNOW, you'll feel it. As Yoda would say "Let the force flow through you" :slight_smile:

9. ChrisJames

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had my first time (first time going all the way with anal sex) This past week. I did it with someone who i met on Skype last year. I never thought i would ever hook up but after talking to this dude for months, i decided to. I felt safe with him and i felt like I had a connection with him - better than a previous boyfriend i had (that i had actually known since childhood).
    After we had sex, I just felt different. Like more wiser somehow. & I probably won't talk to this guy much in the future but I've learnt a lot from it and deffo don't regret it. I feel like when i eventually do meet the guy of my dreams, I actually got some tricks up my sleeves lol. Chances are though that even straight people don't end up with the same person that took their virginity.... and thats okay.
    If you do meet up with someone you met online, makes sure you've cammed with them, and talked to them regularly before and actually know about them. Just so to be on the safe side.
    But there is nothing wrong with waiting for the right one.

PS- if you are going to bottom DEFFO make sure you've practised with your fingers and a toy- it will make it easier so you aren't completely shocked!