1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating issues!!!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by user199, Mar 25, 2015.

1. user199

user199 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    not sure what is wrong with me.. feel totally helpless...

fairly active 36 yr old single guy here..
    no major medical issues apart from depression and anxiety from time to time but its manageable..

Have not been able to date in past few years. Tried online going on various dating and hookup sites and it doesn't work.
    i do get responses from guys as well..but it seems i have an over stimulated/anxious mind..
    i cant focus on anything else and it seems my addictive mind is on crack and the craving and stimulation is endless while i am exchanging messages with someone or just checking the messages and profiles endlessly all through the day..

i have to always delete then in few days(3-4 days ) as i cant handle it as a result..
    All in all i have a good life and seem to perform other things very well..

don't know what to do to fix this..
    it seems i wont be able to date or have sex again...

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I understand what your referring to. Engaging with a bunch of people online can be very stimulating. Almost like playing a video game. Bouncing from one discussion to the next. The issue becomes when your engaging in discussions for the thrill and the rush rather than trying to actually get to know someone in order to build a relationship. Other than slowing down the multiple discussions and trying to focus on engaging with just one person at a time, I am not sure I have good advice for you. Like other potentially addicting activities, maybe you need to talk with a professional that can help you understand why it is that you get such excitement from th engagement but can not follow through with a relationship with any of them.