1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared I have HIV

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by calebstone, Mar 26, 2015.

1. calebstone

First off I just came here to post this because I'm really freaking out. I will be getting tested I just have a few things bothering me and Id just like to know how serious it is. So I had sex with a much older man around 4 or 5 months ago (in his 50s I'd say) and I had never been on bottom before. He really wanted me to try it so I did but the second he shoved his penis in it was way too painful and I told him to take it out straight away (so it literally went in and straight back out) anyway that evening when I took a shit the toilet water was red with blood and when I stood up there was literally blood trickling out my arse down my leg which really scared me and made me worried I might have got HIV even though he didn't cum in my arse. I straight away looked up getting it checked but it said I had to wait a few weeks so I kinda forgot it to be honest. Until this week when I got a pretty bad cold. It only lasted a few days and it was like a regular cold except a bit worse but I don't usually get colds and I'm worried my immune system has started to fail because it's been like 4-5 months and i haven't got tested. Really sorry I'm just terrified this is a sign I have HIV does anyone have a bit more information about it? Should I go to my GP about this or to a special clinic? Really sorry if this is a stupid question and any replies at all will be very very appreciated. Thank you.

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say to get tested to ease your fears, put it's pretty unlikely the act you described would have caused you to be infected with HIV. Assuming you had no other health problems causing bleeding before the act, the bleeding and pain were likely caused by something tearing. As far as your illness, it could have been bacteria getting into that, or a common cold, mild flu, or something similarly unrelated to that sex act.

As far as getting tested, your regular doc should be able to do that, or there are clinics that do just those type of tests, generally anonymously or confidentially.

#2 confuzzled82, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's unlikely you got hiv from that but I am glad you are worried about it. Maybe you will be more careful in the future. Get yourself tested to get rid of the worry. You don't want this experience to continue to haunt you. You can get tested anywhere, the tests are all the same quality these days. Btw, the bleeding was caused by the rupture of blood vessels in your hemorrhoidal tissues. It probably means you have a thin lining. Sorry to say this but you may need to avoid being a bottom.

#3 Monraffe, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The bleeding was most likely a result of the pain/damage arising from bottoming. It shouldn't happen, but if you don't prepare well for anal sex, or if your partner is too aggressive when topping it can lead to tears and passing some blood. I assume it's now stopped.

The way I read your posting, it sounds like a condom was not used, in which case you should get an HIV test for peace of mind. Even if it was the briefest of experiences, it's best to get tested to be sure. If a condom was in fact used, your chances are greatly reduced, but a HIV test will rule things out completely.

HIV testing often takes place at dedicated sexual health clinics where confidentiality and anonymity is available, but it does depend on your location. If in doubt, speak to your GP who will make arrangements or refer you.

5. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Blood is not unheard of when bottoming for the first time. You need to get tested regardless and always use a condom.

6. gozmit

gozmit Guest

You should definitely get checked, and remember: ALWAYS, yes ALWAYS use a condom! And get a HIV test from time to time. Treatment is more effective when HIV is still in an early stage.
    good luck!