1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't pee (had to repost due to lask of responses)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GayNurse95, Mar 30, 2015.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yo.
    Im a trans man who has a bit of plumbing issues….
    I have a STP that has a medicine spoon to carry the pee into a special packer (with tubing) to carry it out if the body.
    While I am trying to get the position right, theres just one problem….
    I can't pee!
    I want to go, and need to go. Right when Im about to let loose, I lock up. So, I stand there for 20 mins at home at the toilet hoping to pee but nothing happens. I tried at a urinal in a single bathroom (one door, one toilet) and no luck.
    I do have anxiety, and I just can't go. My urethra locks up in different areas, and I can't get the flow started. What do I do? How do I get over this??? Why do I lock up and how to I stop it from doing that?
    I don't want to sit anymore… I want to stand and use the urinal like a normal man…
    Flowing water and counting tiles haven't worked. Please help….
    :icon_redf:help::tears:

2. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, are you saying you can't pee standing up, but you can pee sitting down? Because if so, I'd say that your body just has to get accustomed to peeing while standing. Your body doesn't 'know' you're supposed to pee; over the years it's specifically been taught not to.

So maybe, if peeing sitting down still works, you can try to start by sitting, and then getting up while you're peeing. I mean, stopping mid-pee is difficult if not impossible. Sounds like a bit of a potentially messy hassle, but who knows it might work.

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm... I know some may say it sounds gross, but maybee try starting in the shower. Possibly first without any assistive devices, so you don't have to worry about positioning.

4. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't pee standing.
    I can pee standing in the shower with no problems, but I lock up at the toilet…
    Will I ever be able to learn? I don't want to sit anymore...

5. Images and Words

Have you tried turning on a tap?

6. Theron

Perhaps it's a gut response because for female-bodied people, urinating while standing and dressed means soiling clothes. Try squatting/crouching, or as someone else suggested, start sitting (facing the tank, that's actually how my brothers and I learned to use the toilet with better aim) and stand while mid-stream. Once you get used to urinating while standing it will come more naturally.

7. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Well, how long have you had the prosthetic? You might just have to get used to it. If it makes you feel better I lock up when I try to use the urinal, I'm really pee-shy.

8. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had it for a few weeks.
    I am starting to get a bit pee shy by just sitting due to it being triggering to my dysphoria…
    I tried to turn on a tap and I got no help. If anything, I am trying to just start a flow and not lock up. Especially when Im standing and clothed…
    I push and nothing comes out.
    I will try facing the tank and trying to stand there. I just want the body to stop with the female response. This is another reason I hate being trapped in this body…
    I'll try the turning though. I can practice it safely…

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You may also want to try a different end to the STP. I've personally never had one, but I know that some guys have better luck with different receptacles.

10. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its like a medicine spoon. it then leads to some tubing into a packer and out into the toilet.
    I paid quite a pretty penny for it, so I want to be careful. ITs a packer and a STP, so it comes in handy.
    If I am allowed, may I post some pictures of examples of what it looks like?
    Im just asking now to avoid trouble.
    As well as that, I need to learn positioning. I think its behind the penis and in front of the big hole (vagina) on top of the urethra. I am afraid of spilling too.

11. SquidwardT

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you tried naked?

12. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. And if you've done it in the shower without, have you tried in there with the prosthetic? That'll let you get used to positioning it right for your specific anatomy (no two people are exactly the same) and let you get used to aiming ( use the drain as your target) without worrying about making a mess. You'll probably find that it's kinda important to control the pressure in ways you don't have to worry about when sitting. Oh and in the shower, you won't have to worry about spilling while you learn. Still pay attention to if you are spilling, though, so as you work up...

After mastering the control in the shower, urinals would probably be a good next step, as they generally provide a bigger and closer target.

#12 confuzzled82, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  13. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can do it fine in the shower. I am still trying with the toilet.
    I did get a bit of a flow, but I had to wait and do deep breaths. It is difficult to get it out in just one solid stream, being it keeps clamping as I try to go. This morning, most of it got in there, but some missed…
    I wore everything as usual except I had no jeans on. I got a bit in the boxers and changed them… Its like potty training all over again…

Yeah, awkward stuff, but I need to keep you all posted.

14. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about getting it all in one stream. It's not unusual for those with male anatomy to stop and restart a few times as they empty to get everything cleared out. Remember, the typical male's urethra is 8-10inches from bladder to the ureathral maetus, while the length in females is 2-3 inches. Also, the female urethra tends to be a slightly larger diameter than the male one.

And if you are talking about a split stream, make sure there is nothing obstructing the output. Just a single little hair , ( or if there is a little burr on your device) can cause turbulence that will split it.

I'd still recommend trying the urinal in the mens room before a toilet, because you son't have to worry so much about aim or your stream splitting.