1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know it's not an STD, but I'm worried it could be the C-Word...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Benway, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, every now and then after defecating I get this uncomfortable feeling towards the tip of my penis, like a burning sensation followed by the intense desire to continue urinating followed by more burning and a weird feeling in my anus. It can keep me on the toilet for up to an hour and the only way to get rid of the feeling quickly is a hot shower.

Now, I know it's not an STD because I got checked out at a clinic a year ago and haven't had any sex in two years. This sensation really flared up about one year ago and the lady at the clinic said it sounded like a prostate thing-- so now I'm horrified I might have colon cancer. There's a susceptibility to cancer on my Mom's side of the family but only in the women. My Dad's side of the family is completely cancer free and seems to have no known reports of it.

My Mom says it's a yearly kidney infection.

Any ideas?

2. MojoDojo

I kind of get that feeling when I have a urinary tract infection.

Regardless.... get thee to a doctor! They'll be able to do tests to rule anything out.

3. arken1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of many possibilities would be muscle-tension in the pelvis. Do you have other symptoms like weak urine stream, hemorrhoids, random pains in the anal area? A friend of mine is a physiologist and they see all sorts of issues from pelvic tension. It takes a lot of exercise and relaxation techniques to straighten that out.

But, yeah, that's one of many possibilities. Ask your doctor about it!

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I echo the suggestion of visiting your doctor. That sounds like an unusual combination of symptoms.

5. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    See, I'm lucky I live three blocks from an STD testing clinic, but I don't have a Primary Care Physician, nor do I know how to go about getting one. I don't have a driver's license and considering the delicate nature of my situation I need to be discrete about this-- any suggestions?

6. Sam I Am

Do you have health insurance?

Go to your provider's website and search for primary care physicians that are in-network and nearby. You might have to call around a bit to find someone who's taking new patients.

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, mention you have some concerns that may be urgent to have addressed sooner than later. If they aren't taking new patients, they may be able to at least refer you to another practice that may be. Or the nurse might be able to refer you to a health clinic that may help.

8. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should go and find a doctor to get an annual physical done. i am not a doctor but I have experienced this and found no real issues. This is actually common for some people. An infection could be possible, an inflammation of your prostate is also a possibility. There are a host of reasons; and it is not necessarily sex related.

Also, you should not be worried about it being a "sensitive" issue, as I stated, its common.

9. TraceElement

The clinic should have some sort of list of local doctors, so there is a start. You could also google your zip code and doctors and come up with a few names.

10. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get that feeling occasionally - I take a whiz, and then the top of my penis feels uncomfortable, and I urinate a little more, and it still feels weird, like I'm pee constipated or something.

I've had this for years - long before I was sexually active - and I've never really given it much thought. Might be worth checking out. I doubt it's colon cancer though - you'd probably have belly ache and unusual bowel movements as a result, or blood in the stool.