1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I have a problem...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DylanV14, Apr 12, 2015.

1. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just found out the only way I might not go through puberty because of a problem i have known as a growth hormone deficiency. So I know I'm young but I am thinking of how this could affect dating and love later in life. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do about a situation like this. I am kinda to scared to ask my parents because well i am terrified of my parents. :help:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you know you have growth hormone deficiency? I'm not an expert on it at all, but there are growth hormone treatments that can be administered by doctors. So it is treatable.

3. DylanV14

DylanV14 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well i know because i was diagnosed with it and we are trying to get the treatments but my insurance doesn't cover it... so my parents say anyways. They also say they are trying to appeal it but I don't think they are telling me the truth

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dealing with insurance is a nightmare. Your parents are probably doing the best they can fighting against a giant bureaucratic machine. If you want more information about the disorder itself you can always talk to your doctor.

5. Im Hazel

It sounds like you are in a tricky spot here. In terms of your disorder, I have never heard of it (by that name, at least), but I have a pretty good idea of what it will do, if you have described it well. It sounds like your body will not properly produce testosterone and some other hormones. This will leave you with less muscle tone, a more androdgynous figure and smaller genetalia, among other things. I just mentioned ones which could be relevant to your question. Firstly, these are minor things. In fact, to a lot of gay men, these could be a turn on. It will probably affect your life a little - putting on weight will be harder, and, you could be teased. Really though, it shouldn't affect you too much. Don't worry! With treatment, you should be totally normal, but even without you'll be fine.

6. Jellal

Seconding that you could look at the positive of this deficiency ... well, I guess it depends on the kind of guy you would rather be later in life. (I would've killed to not go through puberty. But we're obviously really different cases:eusa_doh:slight_smile:

7. Im Hazel

Yeah, me too. It seems a little unfair, when you think about it. It would be good if people could swap bodies.

8. absvrdity

absvrdity Guest

It shouldn't affect anything too much, Dylan :slight_smile: It's nothing that cannot be fixed with hormone treatment. I'm no expert, but I did do my research. It's best that you talk to your doctor about the problem more though, you'll get the best information there. Try not to worry about it too much though, everything will be just fine.