1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is better?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by trikuriboh, Nov 18, 2008.

1. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well next semester at school I am taking two PE classes and well can't afford anymore. So this semester I had kickboxiing and well am getting good at it (after being in it for two semesters). So I want to take beginning weight lifting this coming spring semester, but I'm not sure if I should either get into kickboxing again or beginning swimming. Which would be better? Should I take another class like fencing or something?
    By the way I want to be toned and more muscular, like Johnathan Horton. In case u don't know who he is he was on the olympics this past summer so hot and cute. Anyways I know I can't look completely like him, but hey I think I can get close if I try for a year or two.

#1 trikuriboh, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. Gumtree

Swimming will give you the most results.

3. thespanishheart

I agree. Go with swimming. You'll get more ripped out that way.

4. Ben

Ben

They will both make you fitter. Do what you enjoy most. :slight_smile:

5. Miles D

swimming is also less impact, so it's easier on your body, but gets you buff, because of the resistance.... :slight_smile:

6. waitingsucks

^ agree. swimming is great for toning and depending on your age (whether you've finished growing etc.) lifting too much weight (weightlifting) is not a good thing.

7. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I say if you love kickboxing, continue with it. You can always get toned on your own. Find a pool or something and go swimming out of school. Go running. Lift wieghts at home or join an exercise gym or whatever 24hour-fitness is. School should actually be used to focus on your studies.

Besides, if you think you can get ripped and toned by school activities alone you have to rethink your strategy. School alone is probably not enough. You need to spend a bit more time than a couple class periods to get buff.

As for swimming or kickboxing (if you dont really care which one), swimming might be better. Theres the resistance and i think you end up working more muscles.

Weight-lifting depends on your regimen and your weights. Big weights and small reps give you big hulking mucles. Smaller weights and big reps give you toned muscles. You dont see as much results size wise as big weights but you still get stronger.

Id do smaller weights. The thing people forget about bulging mucles is that they do tend to limit mobility. This is not really a good thing especially if youre getting into a martial art or something were mobility is crucial.

Another important thing is to remember if you lift is to work all the different muscles. If you just do benches or squats you will wear yourself out and be lopsided. Change it up throughout the week. Benching, shoulders, tri-cepts, etc one day; squats, calves, etc the next.

Sorry its kinda long but i hope this helps :thumbsup:

8. AtticusFinch

Definitely go with the swimming. I swim five times a week, and I love it. You get a great workout (both cardio and muscles) without the stress on your joints like in running (although I love running too and highly recommend it). Plus, swimming can be relaxing physiologically and psychologically. Swimming makes me feel good about myself.

Also, the pool offers lots of eye candy!:eek:

9. waitingsucks

^The pool also can offer a lot of 'embarrassing moments' =P
    lol