1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who was your first time with and how was it?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by method, Apr 27, 2015.

?

Who was your first sexual encounter with?

1. Stranger who I just met

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Stranger who I'd met/dated a few times

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Someone I knew, but not intimately

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Someone with whom I was in an intimate relationship

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  1. method

Was your first sexual experience positive or negative and who was it with? How did you decide to do it with that person?

I'm not after explicit sexual detail. I just haven't crossed this bridge yet and am not really sure what to expect.

If you still have your v-card please do not answer the poll right now :slight_smile:

2. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They say (whoever 'they' are) that you never forget your first time. But it is so long ago, I really had to think back! Of course, 'first sexual experience' as a bit ambiguous.

None of your poll questions really fit for an answer. It was with a good University friend, we were both quite drunk at a party. He has subsequently been married twice (to women), it has never happened again between us, we are still good friends, and have only mentioned the subject once, when we were both quite drunk (again)!

3. guitar

My first gay kiss was a friend when we got really drunk & ended up coming out to each other. First time was, like Camel, was a university friend who eventually became my first bf.

4. 404dotexe

I just put "someone I knew but not intimately" as I experimented with some friends a bit when I was younger.

5. Lyana

I've never had actual intercourse with a guy, but my first sexual experience was with a guy I was in a relationship with. It ended with him getting his rocks off. Me, not so much, but I didn't really care. We fooled around a lot in that relationship, but I was never fully comfortable with him, sexually, and mostly felt like I "owed it" to him because we were together. (Which, by the way, is a terrible reason to do anything, but hey, young and stupid)

I was not that anxious about "saving myself" or having my first time "mean" anything, so it wasn't a difficult decision to make and I don't feel like I lost anything. I learned from it -- and I don't just mean sexually, either.

My advice to you, method, is try not to stress it. Much easier said than done, and I don't even take my own advice, but it is what it is. The right time to do it is when you want to. It doesn't have to be someone you're in a relationship with. Ideally, though, it should be someone you trust (at least someone you trust not to murder you in the backroom), just so your first time isn't completely shitty and dangerous. And try not to have too high expectations. Yeah, sex can be great. Even first times can be great. But they can also be not-so-great. Mostly, it'll get better.

6. candyjiru

I was with someone I was seriously considering marrying, actually... He really did his best to set the mood and get a nice hotel room and prepare everything and~~~ it was really amazing <3 I'm glad I was able to be with someone who understood how important my virginity was to me (he was super experienced, lol) and I have no regrets~ ^.^ I also made a really close friend that night because a girl I had just met and I both kind of met walking home from both of our first experiences and bonded over that XD;;;;;;;

7. itsmary

I met a guy on a friday night. He was my age (16) and really smart. Next week I went to his house and made out. Big mistake. At least it made me realized how much I love gurls.

8. Theron

My first time was being raped by a guy who "took me in" after my parents threw me out for being gay. It wasn't the last time he did it, either.

And the police just told me men don't get raped, man up and get over it.

9. AKTodd

In a college locker room with this guy who showered at the same time I did.

He spent a week or two coming on to me before I figured out what he was doing. Didn't think about it much when I finally took him up on it.

Never did learn his name, although we hooked up several times after that. So it was fun enough to keep doing it.

Todd

10. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly I don't find that as shocking as it should be. It was all too common once, and still is in some places. I mean both vulnerable young gay men being preyed on by older men, and the attitude of the police.

11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    My first time, if you will, was extremely spontaneous, mildly pleasurable, and way too early ^^

12. method

I'm not specifically after a 'meaningful' first time either. I just don't want it to be shitty and dangerous, as you describe. Your advice is helpful - it really does come to trust.

Thing is though, I don't think I could trust any person who I didn't know for a while. (I'm a little paranoid when it comes to strangers.) But I am so eager to get some experience under my belt that I don't know if I could wait that long. I'm just really wanting for that human touch.. *sigh*