1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safer sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rain33, May 26, 2007.

1. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    #1 Rain33, May 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2007
  2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Who's virgin who's not?

^^ you're right Rain33, but it's also unsafe and messy (if you are the bottom)

3. Daniel6

Oops, watch out. Just once can cost you a life

4. SpikySpice

bb is my favotrite thing, but yeah, I ned to be safe so i CAN MOVE ON, or likethey said, I;ll pay non stop

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

:eek:

Wow and I always wondered why (presumably middle-class, presumably educated) people still got infected with HIV--now I know.

:bang:

:angry:

I wouldn't know if it really was "better" without a condom, because I prefer to limit my exposure to ridiculously risky sex (and by "limit" I mean "eradicate"), but I seriously doubt it would be better enough to make up for the much higher chance that I might end up with a life-altering (and shortening) infection.

There are worse things in life than being HIV+... but not that many, in my mind, and since it's a really lousy thing that's really, really easy to prevent, I'm always completely shocked when people engage in behaviour that is really high-risk.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Do you know, 100% certain, that your partner is HIV-? Do you know, 100% certain, that you are HIV-? Do you trust your partner 100% not to have sex with anyone else? And have you then both waited three months and had another HIV test with negative results? If the answers to ALL of those are "yes" (not "maybe" or "I think so", but "yes") then maybe you could consider having sex without a condom. Otherwise a condom is essential.

If you are in a long term relationship (measured in years, not weeks or months) with someone you completely trust them maybe you could consider getting rid of the condoms. But for everyone else, condoms are essential.

Just because you and your partner are in your teens doesn't reduce the risk. HIV/AIDS is not an older person's disease, it is everyone's disease - gay or straight, old or young. If you have unsafe sex you are exposing yourself to HIV.

There is no cure for HIV or AIDS. There are treatments to help control it but they do NOT cure it. It is still likely to shorten your lifespan, place restrictions on what you can and cannot do, require you to take medication for life which could have undesirable side effects, etc.

If you have anal sex with someone who is HIV+ you stand a 1 in 3 chance of contracting HIV.

Is it worth taking that risk for a few minutes of pleasure? Especially when you can have nearly (though not quite) the same pleasure with much much lower risk? I don't think it is worth the risk, and you shouldn't either.

There is some excellent clear information about choosing and using condoms for gay men here http://www.condoms.chapsonline.org.uk/Home/

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

8. William1

Wow! I will totally never, ever, let someone do that to me, with or without a condom. But can you get HIV infection if you do it to another guy? Like I never done that, but if someone wanted me to, I dunno, maybe I would. Right now, I think it's a bit dirty, but like I said, I dunno ... But to do it without a condom, eewww! Won't you get umm ... stuff on your thing? :eek:

Sorry, hope I didn't offend anyone. [​IMG]

9. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol uhhhh i didnt know by posting that, that it would turn into a thread about safe sex..........

10. Miaplacidus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for providing a link to my thread.

I did it bareback once - it was fun but I won't do it again. It's too risky. I simply had to know, but it was just the novelty. Now, I don't have sex without a condom on.

It is hotter because of, um, semen... but it isn't worth the risk.

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's an important subject so it justifies its own thread, even if it was started unintentionally! It is a good opportunity to bring together some of the previous threads which some you may not have seen, and which may contain information that some of you didn't know or didn't fully appreciate.

I have been looking for some resources online to add to this, but some of the better sites have disappeared. :frowning2:

There are some good FAQs here http://www.avert.org/young.htm, though it has a straight bias. This page http://www.avert.org/aidsyounggaymen.htm on the same site contains some interesting info too, especially the question "Why do some young gay men have unprotected anal sex even if they know the risks?".

12. Cloud Nine 5

For some reason reading this thread made me realize I have an "open wound" in my mouth. I've had a lip piercing for like a year now. I haven't had sex but I never thought a condom was necessary for oral sex, is it so? If I go down on someone that has some sex disease, will it be passed to me?

13. 24601

Scientific studies in this area are rather... inconclusive. But I'd say it's a pretty good risk that if you have a literal open wound in your mouth, and its something that's not healed over, etc. that you may get an STD from an infected person through oral sex.

Also, lip piercings are hot.

14. Cloud Nine 5

Uh, sounds like it takes away the fun. I know that unlike anal sex people hardly use condoms so I wonder how necessary it really is.

They ARE hot haha... thinking about getting another one but maybe that'd be too much.

15. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Cloud, over time the piercing will develop normal skin though out the area, so it is not considered an open wound after about a month. No worry there.

16. Miaplacidus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, sucking on latex isn't fun at all... ewww. And, well, flavored condoms... double ewww...

Yes, another piercing would be too much.

17. Cloud Nine 5

Websites on the internet say that my kind of piercing takes a year or two to fully recover and the first month is just the most crucial. I didn't take it that seriously though, I only treated it for 3 weeks. It looks and feels fine though.

18. sjfb08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i havenot had sex yet but when i do im goin to have slaf sex

19. Alex

old thread 0.o
    But good that you will :slight_smile:

20. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :help:
    haha wow i posted that over year ago.
    my vies have defidently changed since then.
    im for sure all about safe sex.
    use a condom