1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yucky!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by archerrose, May 16, 2015.

1. archerrose

Out Status:
    A few people
    I get frequent yeast infections. I have spoken to the Dr. who stated that the problem is related to my diabetes. I received a script for yeast infection cream. The cream cleared up the problem but only for 3 weeks.

Does anyone know of any natural remedies that work? I am eating yogurt to help balance my ecosystem.
    \
    :help:

2. Sevan

Actually, it's probably better that you just use a medical remedy than a home remedy. A lot of the commonly known home remedies actually make the problem worse.

I heard forever ago that if you stuff garlic cloves up there it's supposed to help. But there's no proof it does. Douching (sometimes with vinegar) can make the problem worse and other methods just seem lacking. One that does work is boric acid tablets. "Research shows that boric acid suppository capsules appear to be very effective against yeast infections, particularly those caused by non-albicans species. An early study found that boric acid suppositories, when taken nightly for 7 to 10 days, have up to a 92 percent cure rate." - from everydayhealth.com

However, many times, the yeast infection will go away as you approach your time of the month. After your period, you level out and it can go away. I just run out to the store and pick up suppositories, it's a lot easier than trial and error with home remedies.

3. Joanie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi! Eating yogurt is recommended because some yogurts (not all) contain probiotics, which will create a healthy vaginal flora. Probiotics are natural friendly bacterias and will compete with bad guys like yeast. But the problem is, yogurt only contains a very small amount of probiotics. In your case, it's obviously not enough. The only thing I see that could prevent yeast infections would be to take probiotics capsules. That way the doses would be way more interesting and the effect more powerful. Look for a formula that specifies "Women's flora" or something similar, meaning it's for vaginal's health specifically and that way the product will be even more effective for your condition. Here's an example :

Renew Life, Ultimate Flora, RTS Women's Probiotic, 15 Billion, 30 Veggie Caps - iHerb.com

Don't be afraid to try different brands, number of billion and increase your dosage if needed. Probiotics are very safe to use and everyone should be taking them in my opinion because we all need them.

Naturally, a healthy vagina is supposed to be full of probiotics. And bad things such as yeast are supposed to be there too, but kept to a minimum. Otherwise, things aren't right.

Good luck with that. :slight_smile: