1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Condoms

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Broken Wings, May 17, 2015.

1. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This might be a stupid question. I've only started doing shtuff with a guy, but do you really need to wear a condom for anal sex? I've always heard it encouraged, but it doesn't make sense to me.

2. LD579

Yes, use condoms. You can get UTIs from it if you're the penetrating partner (There's bacteria in there that can get into the urethra), and you can get STIs from anal sex from either giving or receiving. It wouldn't be for pregnancy purposes; it would be for sexual health and safety. It's a good habit to continually practice, and safety can't be overstated or overvalued.

3. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Safety is pretty good, I gotta admit. Thanks, Dain!

4. LD579

No worries. It's a shame sex education isn't as encompassing as it could be in many places. In light of that, it's always good to ask these questions and learn more, so feel free to ask if you have any other questions =]

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yup. Anal sex has a very very high HIV risk, gay or straight, which is a serious STD that can ruin your life if it progresses into AIDs. Even without the risk of STD's, you can still pass infections to each other. It's always better to be safe.