1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired and nauseous..help

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lear, May 20, 2015.

1. Lear

I have been incredibly tired for months..not in a 'sleepy' kind of way, more like being too exhausted to get up and do things. I need at least an hour to get out of bed..if I manage at all. (When I have classes or other plans, I do that of course, but on other days I don't really see a point in getting up at all.) And I have been feeling sick a lot lately..most of the time it's just some kind of queasiness but sometimes it gets so bad that I have to throw up. I just generally feel tired and queasy and cold and shaky a lot of times..and I have no idea why.

Any ideas? Could this be because I'm feeling stressed?

2. LD579

Honestly, lots of what you're saying sound like classic textbook depression symptoms. I'm not saying that you're depressed because I'm not qualified to diagnose, and online diagnoses are inherently flawed, and none of us can definitively say what's actually causing you to feel this way, but it would be good to first make sure you have all the basics down. Are you eating well and often, and staying hydrated? Are you keeping reasonably active, and are you allowing yourself to do things that you enjoy? Simple things like these could help you feel better physically and mentally if you're not already doing them. Assuming you haven't done it, I'd suggest trying that first and seeing if there are any improvements.

If, however, you've already been doing that, then it's probably best to see a doctor, especially for the ongoing nausea. A doctor'd be able to give you more specific possibilities and plans to help you out. Stress can affect the body in a lot of interesting ways, so identifying/working with what may be causing it, and cutting down on it if possible, wouldn't hurt, either, and it's also a good mental health habit to practice.

3. Lear

I don't think I'm depressed..I did several online tests and all of them said it's very unlikely that I am depressed. And I guess they kinda use the same criteria that therapists would use..?

I eat and drink enough..being active has become a bit difficult as I'm always tired.

I'm starting to believe that this is a psychological thing..even if I don't think it's depression related. I got upset today and I started feeling really bad..nauseous and dizzy and shaky..I hadn't even eaten anything yet but I ended up throwing up bile. That was a few hours ago and now I feel completely fine. :/