1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe Sex for Lesbians

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ravienclaw, May 20, 2015.

1. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm single as can be right now so I'm not planning on having sex anytime soon, but I figure it's better to learn now before anything actually does come up :icon_lol:
    I already know the risk factor is low, but how low?
    What's the least risky activity, and what are some ways to protect against STDs?
    I've heard people talking about using dental dams and gloves and such, but another question is does anyone actually feel the need to use them?
    I don't know, I feel like my potential girlfriend would look at me funny if I pulled out a box of latex gloves before having sex :icon_redf but if it's important.....

2. 99% of lesbians i know dont use anything for sex at all. the risk is low but alas its totally up to you if you want to use anything or not. defoo not one to advocate unsafe sex, so i would use something but thats just me. ive been turned down, frowned upon and rejected many times for having safe sex, or well.... trying to anyway when the time came about. i wouldnt risk my sexual health as i learnt that the hard way and never again, so now its always for my own peace of mind.

i dont use dams as they are hella hard to get hold of apart from online, so condoms usually. they have many uses, so its just the easiest thing to use and most versatile.

least risky would be not touching her after touching yourself so only keeping your hands to yourself if you catch my drift without being too graphic. but basically, if any fluids of each others get in contact then there is always a risk involved. so use condoms for any toys you might use and dams/condoms for oral. and use gloves (or a condom..... though ive never tryed that yet) if you have cuts on your hands/fingers. :slight_smile:

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's also important for you to get tested for STI's every time you are with a new sexual partner. Same goes for your partner.