1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your body fat percentage??

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kimi, May 29, 2007.

1. Kimi

My mom bought a new body fat scale and I just checked my body fat percentage and I got 15.2%. Which seem like norm according to the chart.
    [​IMG]
    I know there is no data for under 20 but I figured out that age somewhere between 0~20 are in middle of development so there is no right data. So I just looked at 20~39 since it's pretty close to my age(I'll be 18yo within 3 month)

So what's yours?

2. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i dont really no kimi but im very skinny. all my ribs stick out so i wouldnt have much body fat i think??? how would i work the percent out???

3. Daniel6

Kimi, how did u find your fat percentage?

4. Kimi

My mom bought a one of those:
    http://www.tanita.co.uk/index.cfm?page=consumer_products_individual&PID=71&categoryID=4&subcategoryID=11
    Though what she bought was not that high end model...She bought a cheapest one:icon_mrgr

I found this site that can estimate you percentage of your body fat:
    http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/pi.shtml
    I tried it to see how accurate it is...and it's actually pretty accurate.
    My body fat percentage was 15.2% by using the scale and I got 14.9% (20.7 pounds of fat) by using the site and based on waist size and weight I got 9.2% (12.7 pounds of fat).

There you have it:thumbsup:

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I get:

So consistent results. That puts me in the middle of the yellow band which surprises me a bit. I though I would be in the orange band.

6. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i weigh i think 38kgs and im 4feet 10inches tall not sure how to make that into pounds though???

7. Daniel6

im still healthy but on the verge of overfat. My waist size is too big, which is 90 cm. Do you know any way to reduce it ?

8. Swimmerboy

Swimming, and jumping rope! And Crunches! Running! Heavy weights. Lunges work out your but and legs :icon_wink Just being active and eating healthy! That is the best advice I could give.

9. Kimi

38kgs would be 84lb but you can pick a unit from kilograms and pounds or stone for your weight and also for your waist size. By clicking the arrow shown in the pic.
    [​IMG]

That's great advice Swimmerboy!! I would do that too to reduce it:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

10. Swimmerboy

Thanks! Just trying to contribute. :icon_redf

11. aussie paul

I'm 52 years old and had my body fat measured by my gym trainer last month, it's 21.3% which puts me in the yellow range = healthy. Also he calculated my health-age taking into consideration my age, weight (73kg), gender, b/fat, and heart rate, and so my health age is 43! So I'm happy with that, just got to exercise and watch my diet too. Paul

PS try this converter to convert kilograms to pounds weight:
    http://www.healthbrands.com.au/topics/Health/tools/calculators/metric+converter.asp

#11 aussie paul, May 30, 2007
    Last edited: May 30, 2007
  12. Daniel6

I'm very shy when coming to swimming pool or gym:icon_redf because of my body's shape. How many crunches do i have to do a day to get better ?

13. Micah

eek

14. Jim1454

I wouldn't say that I'm shy - but I just knew that I'd never find the time to get to the pool or to a gym. Instead, I have taken up jogging. I can do it on my own and when I have time - usually in the evening after a light dinner. I've been really deliberate in going slow and not trying to go to far or too fast too soon. I've been amazed at how I've built up some stamina, and I've lost 15lbs since January 1! I've been watching what I've been eating a bit too, but it's mostly the exercise that has helped. I've lost at least 3 inches around my middle - whish feels great when pants that were getting tight are now quite loose, and pants I hadn't been able to wear in a while now fit.

I will agree though that swimming is probably the best form of exercise and helps develop a great physique - I mean, isn't everyone interested in the guy that says he has a 'swimmer's build'? :icon_wink

15. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Estimate #1 based on height and weight
    Your "Ponderal Index" is 13.48 which gives an estimated body fat of 3.8% ( 6.3 pounds of fat)

Estimate #2 based on waist size and weight
    Estimated body fat of 11.3% (18.7 pounds of fat)

So taking an average of (11.3+3.8)/2= 7.55% body fat, which means I'm on the border between underfat and athletic.

16. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks kimi i will have to see how big my waist is and then i should no my body fat%

17. Swimmerboy

Well, I guess you should do about 4 sets of 50, and gradually increase the number of crunches and sets as you feel comfortable. But thats not all, Jumping rope is something you could do in your home, and lunges as well. Lunge and jump your heart out and, like I said eat healthy! Doesn't have to be health food, but make sure you eat about 5-9 small meals a day, getting all of your food groups.Well, three of those should be normal portions. Stay at 2000 -2500 calories a day, and be positive about it! You will start gaining muscle, and actually putting on wait after a while, if you keep it up, but your body will be in an athletic form. Keep in mind I am 17, and although this has worked for me, it might not for everybody, because everyone is different. Talk to a nutritionist, and physical trainer. :slight_smile:

18. Daniel6

Thanks a lot. It must be hard for me to follow since i have never minded my eating habit.
    I'll give it a try

19. TriBi

Well - I am probably in the "fit" category these days.

Not too many years ago I would have been classified as "underfat" - but that when I was really fit...

20. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Check the size label in a pair of your jeans or trousers. :thumbsup:

With jeans, if it's shown as something like 32/30 then the first number is the waist size and the second number is the inside leg length - both in inches.