1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upset Tummy

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by thespanishheart, Dec 1, 2008.

1. thespanishheart

Hey guys :slight_smile:

Just wondering if there's anything you call recommend for upset tummies?

I've just been queezy the past few days and hate it. I know I have a sensative stomach, but this is not fun :frowning2:

2. biisme

Try some ginger ale. Or, something with ginger in it.

Also, don't eat foods that are high in fat. Eat light things, like crackers, plain bread, some broth, water.

3. Gumtree

For drinking stick to ginger ale, lemonade or water. Lemonade is actually excellent for unsettled stomachs, lemonade icypolls are great too.

For food, dry foods like toast, arraroot biscuits, rice crackers etc.

Watery soups are okay, but can often unsettle you even more.

Probably the best thing to eat would be a grated green apple.

I can't remember the names of the chemicals atm but a green apple has some very beneficial acids to digestion and really helps you settle - just grate one with a cheese grater to the core and eat it with a spoon.

4. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

That's weird. Because when my stomach is turbulent (see: hungover), I find that greasy, fatty foods make me feel better instantly. My go-to hangover food is the two-dollar chow mein place a few blocks away.

But then again, when I am sick-sick, I stick to crackers and soup in a mug. The mug part is essential. Soup just tastes better in a mug.

5. KaraBulut

There's a GI bug going around in the US that seems to have nausea as a big symptom. If your nausea continues past a week or you develop other symptoms, you need to see your doctor.

Nausea is a pretty individual thing, so you may have to try different things until you find what works for you. Try to eat small meals on a regular basis, as eating on an empty stomach seems to make nausea worse. Peppermint tea and soda crackers often helps when you're feeling particularly nauseous. Clear sodas like 7UP or Sprite are also good.

If you want to go the medicine route, PeptoBismol and an antacid like Zantac or Pepcid will help.

6. thespanishheart

I kinda fell off of the water thing... I haven't been getting enough water lately, so I'm trying to down a lot of it to stay hydrated.

I'm pretty good about food --- sometimes I eat bad things, but I generally don't even eat much at all... Small meals always.

Soda didn't help much sadly :frowning2:

I'll also keep an eye on that bug thing >_>

Thanks again (*hug*)