1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body issues with becoming more masculine (how to prevent?)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Xncl12, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Xncl12

this may sound strange but I'm a 25 year old gay man that until recently has had a pretty slim small figure my entire life, but lately my body has been becoming more bulky and masculine. This doesn't come to a surprise to me as my dad has a very larger build and didn't develop it until around this age. However it's been devastating to my self esteem. My whole life I've been skinny and petite and that has become my identity and something I really took pride in. Now I can barely look at myself in the mirror and absolutely never feel comfortable in my body. It's really taking a toll. So I've been wondering if taking anti androgens would prevent further body development and save me from turning into a giant like my father. I'm not sure if they can be used for a while and then taken off when this period of development is over or if they would always have to be taken. It's not that I want to become a women, I just don't want to become a huge man. If anyone has any idea I would really appreciate it. Thanks

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I had a very similar experience as you. When I was younger, I was thin, petite and could best be described as very twinky. Today, when people look at my rugby build, and I show them a picture of what I used to look like younger, they are often surprised (and doubt it's even me).

My suggestion would be to embrace it. Your going to grow and develop as you get older. The key to it, is to stay healthy and fit to maintain proper proportions if your physical attributes is your concern.

3. ThatFrostyGuy

Personally I hate my skinny build and would give anything to become bigger and muscled, but I just cannot put on weight. I can understand where you're coming from though. Perhaps try eating less protein to prevent muscle growth? Don't do anything unhealthy though.