1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

giving up on meat

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by yaoicore, Jun 13, 2015.

1. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

it's been almost a year since I stop eating meat. many people would probably say stuff like this, ''omg i couldn't do it, or your crazy, or nothing taste good with out meat or i don't think that i could live with out meat'' it's one of the most biggest life change's I've done so far.

2. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow! That's great! I'm considering it too, but don't have the determination. Do you also exclude fish and eggs in your diet? I want to be vegan, but I don't know if I can be truly vegetarian, much more with being vegan :slight_smile:

3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

can't lie I do eat sea food but not eggs

4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow congratulation :slight_smile:

i believe that's not for me tho
    how the hell am i supposed to meet my 200 grams of protein per day without meat:grin::grin:

Btw, what do you mean by meat, is it just red meat (Beef, Pork, Lamb, Goat, etc) or meat in general which include chickens and turkeys??

5. BelleFromHell

Congrats! I'm a meat eater, but I don't eat it too often (aside from chicken), and I gave up on pork half a year ago.

I must say that not eating pork has made me feel a lot better. Sure, my body still feels shitty (due to other factors), but not as shitty as it did while I was eating pork. It got to the point where I couldn't even eat two pizza rolls without feeling greasy and sick, and that was the last straw for me. I've grown so used to not eating pork that I don't even have the desire to eat it.

It's been a little hard telling my friends and family that I can't eat anything with pork in it, and I've been mistaken for Jewish a few times (lol), but I have no complaints.

6. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

yes in general basically everything you just name

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2015 at 11:21 PM ----------

awwww thanks, and it most a been really hard too. on giving up on pork but the important thing is that you did it.

7. juno14

Yeah dude same! Congrats!

8. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly I thought you were talking about something else... I guess I have a dirty mind:slight_smile:

9. Harp Grey

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I became a pescetarian about four years ago (gave up all meat but fish). Since one year I'm lacto-ovo-vegetarian but like to eat as vegan as possible. I tried to live vegan when I cooked for myself but it was too expensive and put too much pressure on me so I went back to dairy-products and eggs. Still not over consuming that thou. I feel a lot healthier since I gave up meat. it's one of the best choices I have made.

10. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wise choice. I've been avoiding meat since I was a teenager, and the more I avoid met and dairy, the better I feel.

Pescetarian here... Most of the time.

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also thinking of giving up meat. I did this some years ago, for about 18 months. I did still eat dairy, but I would eat no animal so long as it had eyes. My reasons were based on causing as little harm as possible in the world, and not to cause terror and suffering to other sentiment creatures. I never really saw it as a matter of health, and felt about the same, neither more or less healthy. Though, at first, it was hard to get enough protein, without getting too many carbs; it took a while to strike a balance.

So once again, I'm pondering this. Right now, the only meats I eat are farm raised Bison from a place north of here, clams from a farm in VA, and seafood on occasion.

But as of late, I have been troubled by the idea of causing pain to animals, and again, this almost religious sort of feeling has been sweeping over me, for lack of a better means of expression, and I feel that I should stop eating animals again. There's no real health motivation to this; but I'm gonna set a date later this summer.

I think I'll do this in phases: Include farm-raised US seafood at first, as well as dairy, and later, cut out the seafood, though still include dairy. I mainly drink goat's milk.

Any suggestions? It's been a while since I did this; I can see where it will be hard, going out and being invited to dinners and such.

12. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

no I could never -laugh dam I have one too join the crew

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2015 at 07:36 PM ----------

i'm so glad too hear that i'm not alone vegan on here

13. Vashta Nerada

I was vegetarian for about a year, and following that didn't really follow a particular diet or anything. At the moment I'm not doing anything strict but pretty much just eat fish in terms of meat, it's a rewarding thing to do and once you've gotten over the initial stages it's surprisingly easy

14. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

your so lucky I couldn't a did it

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2015 at 07:42 PM ----------

yea at first this was really scary. but after a month or two I think I'm getting the hang of it that's what really make me happy

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2015 at 07:53 PM ----------

soy foods? whole grain?

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2015 at 07:55 PM ----------

nah i would never give up on that i'm ...same over here join the crew

15. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have had long stretches of no-meat eating. Not as long as a year, but several months in one case. Right now, I'm not at several months, but it's been a while...

Not sure if I'd ever go 100% vegetarian. That said, it seems likely that meat won't be a regular item in my diet. I really hate the factory farm meat industry, both on environmental grounds, and animal welfare grounds. And I really hate the cost--even cheap meat isn't cheap, and something that has some ethical acceptability is $$$.

Interestingly, perhaps, I got used to the idea of vegetarian meals at a young age. In the early 1980s, or so, my mother started cooking dinners that were vegetarian. Not every night, but it was just as likely to come to dinner and find her vegetarian stuffed green peppers as it was a hamburger based chilli.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2015 at 05:09 PM ----------

Actually, now that I think of it, I think I had fish about a week ago, and maybe a week before that. But one serving in about a week isn't much, and who knows how long it was before that I last had meat of any sort.

16. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

yea I could remember eating a good vegan myself. burger my dad would fit them when we had cook outs.

17. TheJackC

Well done! I haven't eaten meat for about 6 months. I'm trying to do it for life too. But I don't eat fish lol.

18. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I haven't had meat for years, and though I don't even heat much anyway, I can't seem to get rid of this extra belly fat that I've had since like forever. Personally, I can't really consider myself vegetarian or vegan, as I don't eat much along the line of vegetables, and I don't have anything against leather or fur pelts. In fact, I own a small pelt that I use as a blanket for my doll.

19. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Meat sucks. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Good on you!

20. BiKate

Good on you! I went vegan a couple of years ago and kind of fell off the wagon and buried my head in the sand about all the issues I knew about with raising livestock (and now feel awfully guilty about it). I was only eating a bit of chicken and dairy and sometimes eggs, and I tried to limit my chicken. If I had of been living alone and cooking for myself I'd probably have made more vegan meals, I always opted not to eat meat where I could.

Now I've gone vegan again because it just doesn't feel right now being vegan (for me). I'm looking forward to having better skin like I did when I was vegan the first time too.
    Vegan can be as easy and cheap as you make it. My mother doesn't like a lot of veggies or legumes but has found tasty ways to get them into her. And over time, if you "hide" veggies in sauces and other things, I think your taste buds get used to it. Because both me and my mum hated veggies, started using them grated in pasta sauces and in fruit smoothies etc, and now she can eat a lot more, and I prefer veggies to meat.

---------- Post added 18th Aug 2015 at 11:07 AM ----------

Why don't you have anything against leather or fur? If you don't mind me asking, not trying to start a fight or something.