1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tummy Troubles

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Batman, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the title implies, my stomach's been doing some weird shit, as of late.

It started around a week ago, when I had some generally achey feelings in the upper part of my stomach. I brushed it off as normal organ activity, drank some water, and went to bed. The next day I experienced similar symptoms, and when I woke up the day after, I had a shooting pain in my (left) side, as if someone was stabbing me with a laser knife :slight_smile:

Since then, I've been eating around a fifth of my normal portions, as I haven't felt very hungry, and when I have, I can't bring myself to down much.

I'm not too worried about it, but would love to hear some opinions.:thumbsup:

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me, that sounds like you are dehydrated. Drink a few bottles of water every day. I am no doctor, but your description sounds very similar to how I have felt from not drinking enough water. You might not notice how dehydrated you are.

3. TraceElement

It does sound like you are dehydrated, so try and drink some gaterade with the water. I would suggest going to the doctors because the sharp pain with no appetite can be a warning sign of gall stones or appendicitis or something similar.

4. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh man, I sure hope it's not dehydration. I already am in the habit of drinking at least a litre of water each day. :frowning2: How much water is recommended for daily intake?

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the symptoms are still present I think you should seek medical advice. I don't know what it is and I doubt anyone else on this forum can offer you a diagnosis either.

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to offer a thought, not a conclusive answer - it may also be an issue of stomach acid. The "sharp pain" after waking up implies that acid reflux/gastritis is at least something to rule out here. Upper abdominal pain is also a different kind of pain, in that it can be felt somewhere other than where it actually is - so, if there's an acidic burn on the left side of your stomach, you could feel it on the right. It's weird that way.

In any case, there are many ways to treat acid reflux/gastritis that are over the counter, but everyone is different and as said already, it would be best to go to a doctor to see first, and make sure something's not being overlooked. You could even try an urgent care center which would be an easy way to get started. :slight_smile:

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    2-2,5 liters!! 1 is way too little! Go drink, now! Your cells will literally shrink up otherwise.

8. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Half your weight in ounces -- e.g., 150 pounds (68 kg) needs 75 ounces (2.2 liters)

I realize that's probably not the problem -- just wanted to mention it.