1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

long relationship but intimate relations are dwindling

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by cuddlebear, Jun 17, 2015.

1. cuddlebear

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've been in a relationship for a few years now but the past year or so my girlfriend has not been very into any intimate/close relations. Sex might happen maybe once a month if not more. I feel we are growing apart but when I ask she says she's just not in the mood or too tired. I don't know what to do to get that same closeness we had a year ago, everything I have tried to connect seems to just get shrugged off.

2. doc

doc

Hey, welcome to EC. Maybe she really is tired and not in the mood! What can you do to make more time, ease the burden so she's not tired? Get away for a weekend somewhere? bring back some romance. Talk openly about what each of you are feeling. Its pretty normal for longterm relationships to have dips in sexual activity, doesn't necessarily mean its on the out.
    Hope this helps.

3. smurf

Talk about it.

It seems like your main worry isn't just the sex part but the worry that the lack of sex means that you guys aren't as close as you were before.

Talk to her about your worry, tell her how it makes you feel, ask how she is feeling about it all,and try to get a compromise.

I would recommend going to couples therapy. I know that scares a lot of people because its usually used by couples when they are in trouble, but a third person will allow you guys to process your feelings about this whole thing and help you solve it all a lot faster and in a healthier way than if you simply let it go.

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could talk to her about it like the people above said.

But my suggestion is to maybe plan a date night....do something you guys love to do but haven't done in awhile..whether it's something you guys usually don't have time or money for etc just make a really romantic day of it that should be able to help with the situation