1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Zychik - anyone had experience of therapy?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by doc, Jun 20, 2015.

1. doc

doc

Hi all, Joe Zychik runs a website called sexualcontrol.com. I wondered if anyone had used this site or had any experience of his approach to sex addiction treatment. A quick look seems to indicate that it has a promising approach but then there's not much info on the guy or his qualifications as a therapist. I don't want to invest time and trust in something if people have had negative experiences. So if you have any experiences with this it would be great to hear them, good, bad or indifferent, thanks.

2. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have no familiarity with that, but I know that there are anonymous meetings for people that have problems with sex addiction. It's kind of a similar style to AA for alcoholics.

3. doc

doc

Hi, yes, the AA-style 12 step programmes for addiction are out there. Zychik doesn't think they are suitable for sex addiction though. He has other ideas and provides a free book on his website. He seems to make his money from phone counselling.