1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight Loss Questions

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MysteriousMadam, Jun 25, 2015.

1. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone. I hope you're all having a great day. I'm going to ask some questions concerning weight loss, as I want to lose about 10-15 lbs.
    Here we go!

1) So I'm 5'3", and at the moment, I'm around 136 lbs. My BMI is in the 83rd percentile which is healthy. I'm not overweight. A lot of people think I'm beautiful and healthy. However I want to lose some weight because I feel like my thighs are way too big and I feel like I'm a lot heavier than a lot of other girls my age. A lot of them are really skinny, and if they're not, they're usually really atlethic (which I'm not, haha...). Also, I feel like my body is unproportional and I think shedding a bit of weight would help. I want to lose 10-15 lbs, so I'd be around 120 or 125. Is that too much? Should I aim smaller or is that okay?
    2) I was actually 138 a couple of days ago, and I would usually fluctuate between 138, 139, and 140 a lot. I have been eating less, I feel like it's because I'm waking up later and getting more sleep. I've noticed I won't eat unless I'm starving, I'll get the feeling of hunger but I'll ignore it until it's really bad. I was planning to do this for a while. I was going to eat only when I was starving or when I was supposed to eat (like at dinner, lunch, etc.) and I would just drink water outside of those times. I've been advised not to do this because my body would go to "starvation mode" and I would actually gain more weight in the end. Like I thought, that makes no sense and is not true. Like right now, I'm really hungry but it's almost time for dinner so I'm waiting. It takes willpower but I think it will help me lose a lot of weight in a shorter period of time (I'm very impatient). What do you think? Is this a good idea?

I'll start off with these two for now. I'm probably going to add more later about exercise but I don't want to ask a lot of things now lol.
    Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

2. Xander27

Hey there! So in my weight loss journey this is what I've found that worked (I have no idea if this is scientific and just because it worked for me doesn't mean anything, but maybe it will help you) what I found is how much I ate didn't seem to matter as much as what I ate, I'm very implulsive and have a very large appetite so traditional dieting just doesn't work for me. What I ended up doing was scheduling three smallish meals and as many snacks as I wanted throughout the day, but I focused on eating veggies and proteins, a portion of carbs at only two meals a day, no junk food, extremely limited sugar, two portions of fruits a day, stuff like that.