1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with losing weight ;H;

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by HarmfulLoverX, Jun 30, 2015.

1. HarmfulLoverX

Welps I'm having trouble losing weight.I'm 5'3" and I weigh 148 and no matter how much I drink water, eat healthy, and exercise I have trouble losing the weight. It's difficult and gives me the idea to go bulimic. Any ideas on how to make this work? Desperate advice needed TT^TT :tears::tears::tears::bang::bang::bang: ; worse part is, my parents, siblings and family like to make fun of my weight ;H; and trust me. There's not that many skinny people in the family

2. how long have you been trying? its not an overnight thing. took me just over weeks to lose half a stone. i wouldnt focus on the numbers on the scale if youre weighing yourself dont. if youre excercising youll be building muscle more than likely if youre excercising 4-5 times a week, even 3. depending on what you do.
    how long do you excercise for. are you eating enough. dont focus on the numbers on the scale focus on how your body feels.

3. HarmfulLoverX

I've been exercising for a month. I started exercising for an entire summer last year to get fit for summer band and I lost 20 lbs the first month. I eat regularly everyday
    and my mom always wants me to analyze the numbers on the scale. She tells my dad the current weight and they laugh no matter how many times I talk to them bout it. And I exercise by walking 1 & 1/2- 2 miles everyday in the afternoon. So idk anymore .H.

4. siriuslypadfoot

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The walking is a good start, but you're going to need to up it eventually to a more high-intensity workout. Walking doesn't really burn that many calories.

Have you gained the twenty pounds back since last year or kept it off? If you've gained it back, it's harder for your body to lose the weight the second/third/nth time (I'm learning that lesson right now >.>).

I went vegan at the end of May and started Buzzfeed's summer get fit thing last week and I've lost about ten pounds since then.

I would recommend reading up on the science behind losing weight to help you a little more if you're still having trouble, sometimes knowing how things work help me.

Regardless of any of this - your family has no right to make fun of your weight, it doesn't matter how skinny the rest of them are. It is absolutely unacceptable for them to do that to you. You don't deserve that.