1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED tips on ab workouts and my body in general!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Greggers, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Greggers

Ok so ive just recently decided i want at minimum a flat chest. I dont need a 6 pack or anything, but i dont want this "baby beer gut" as i call it. It makes me sick to look at my fat-ness. I know its not bad, but it could be better. I have the eating things down but thats not going to do anything alone. How / What are the best Ab workouts? How much time a day should i spend?

Also, i dont know too much about the male body but how does one get "pecs"?
    I see pictures of guys are they have pecs, and some are just flat, so what kind of workouts do people do to get those and are they hard to get? Is it something that anyone can have or is it just something some people get?

Another thing i might as well ask is how do you define if someone is attractive? If they dont have a super flat chest or pecs or whatever is that a turn-off for you? What are some general things one can do to make themselves more attractive?

2. MattyPatty

I don't know if this is like.. a real actual workout but what I do for my abs is I just do like.. 80 sit ups when I wake up and then another 80 before I go to bed (sometimes, depending on how tired I am)

For pecs, which I don't really have, but what I try to do is I do like a push up except my hands form a triangle with thumbs and pointer finger and then my legs are spread out wider and I try to do about 50 of those each time and I do about 80 regular push ups.

For me, I like guys who are skinny.. they don't really have to be muscular but I don't want someone who is flabby... like, I don't mean to be shallow, but I just don't find that I would be able to do anything with a guy who has flab or is getting over weight.

3. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, i dont know much about abs but i guess this could work
    http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm

As for pecs i think weight-lifting is good. Somewere i heard building muscle is one of the best things for burning fat. So things that work your chest muscles like bech-press is good.

Personally i like guys who are skinny with a little muscle. Too much is kinda not my taste. But i think twigs should learn to eat more. Chubbier people should exercise a bit more (i should learn to speak for myself...but i plan to work out more after i graduate). It might be kinda shallow but hey, you asked.

4. Adam

Ive started working on my Abs lately, I just do a bunch of crunches and stuff before I go to bed. Also do push ups for my arms and pecs.

5. Micah

Don't forget to warm up first!

6. s5m1

All the sit ups and crunches in the world will not give you abs if you have too much body fat. Reducing your body fat requires a program that includes cardio and weight training, as well as watching your diet. I suggest going to the website for a magazine called Men's Health. There are many articles on the website about how to get into better shape. Good luck.

#6 s5m1, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  7. Gumtree

1. Cardio, body fat isn't an area specific thing, muslce is. If you have a mini beer gut as you put it that means you have to eliminate body fat. HIT cardio will be the best bet for what you want.

Some of the better cardio exercises that will help with your abbs are:

- Jogging, but bringing yours knees up as high as you can when you run.

- Rowing, good HIT exercise that also helps develop pecs.

- Swimming, the best cardio you can do for a torso workout.

2. Working out. There's a few exercises you can do that will help develop more muslces in your abdominal region.

Avoid standard situps, they don't really do much.

Some of the more effective ones:
    -Crunchs
    -Pushups (yes, they are very good for your core although you don't really feel it)
    - Knee taps (similar to a sit up but bring your knees up and feet off the ground, rotate your body and make your right elbow hit your left knee when you sit up, and visa versa.

3. Lifestyle, keep the carbs down but protein up, when trying to build muscle drink alot of water and avoid energy drinks. Drink MILK!!

Probably the best workout for your abbs is one you can do at ANY time.

All you have to do is suck your stomach in and try and pull the muscles UP as much as you can, as if your trying to bring your stomach up under your ribbs; hold this for as long as you can. This can be done while sitting in an office, while eating anywhere!

Good luck!

8. Greggers

Wow Gumtree! Thank you for the *amazing* advice, just want i needed!

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Studies have shown though that in men, drinking too much milk can cause the glands in your pecs to react differently. In my case, I have semi-breasts, and um last I checked I'm a guy...

10. myra

this was actually quite helpful to me! i'm trying to lose ten to fifteen pounds of baby fat that i put on recently that's all focused in my abdominal area! thanks for starting this thread!

11. revolutionrock

Sweet Cherry Pie, it's milk that does that?! I drink so much milk!

Damn you, you ambrosial cow ooze!

12. Gumtree

Milk isn't a very significant contributor so no need to worry.

13. summersforecast

you don't need Ab work outs you need cardio! At least twenty mins a day! increase the speed every few days at stick to it, don't eat sweets, greasy pizza kills too and pretty much anything with grease(pizza is my kryptonite) don't be discouraged if you don't see results immediatly and don't start off to hard-core otherwisze you will want to quit. Good luck!

14. partietraumatic

if you do cardio with some sit ups it should be effective,its actually easier to covert fat into muscle than build muscle outta nothing,so if you do the two together you should notice a difference soon(ish) :slight_smile: