1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians and Hairy Legs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DreamerBoy17, Jul 11, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always had a bit of a "different" way of thinking about what stereotypical women do. I refuse to wear make up, because I think it's stupid that women should have to cover up who they really are. I am not piercing my ears just because everyone else is. But I think with shaving, it is kind of different. I've shaved my legs for a few years now, but I'm starting to realize that maybe it's a little dumb that women do it to begin with. I know in Europe women aren't expected to shave, and I feel no desire to conform to societal expectations of beauty. Plus, shaving is a pain in the arse, and I hate doing it. I'm just a little worried that people will think I'm weird for not doing it. But why the hell are we expected to shave off leg hair to begin with? I'm not saying all this to be your usual teenage "rebel". I simply don't understand why I should do these things just because everyone else is.
    Any opinions from the ladies will be appreciated.

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's your choice and anyone who says otherwise isn't worth bothering with. Make-up, ear piercing, shaving, all of that should be a choice and people shouldn't be shamed for choosing one way or the other.

Personally, I don't mind shaving and my reasons for doing it have nothing to do with societal expectations for women. If I don't shave under my arms, my deodorant doesn't work as well. If I don't shave my legs, my skin gets dry and itchy. And as an added bonus, I just really like the way my legs feel clean-shaven. That's fine. It's my choice.

3. your choice do with your body as you wish.
    some people might think im gross at the gym when i havent shaved my armpits for like a week cuz i only shave like once a week, but if they see and get grossed out thats there problem not mine lol. i also go out with hairy legs but like stubbly/half inch hair, not like 6 inch hair. i dont care what people think, if ive only got short left to wear cuz all my cloythes are in the wash im gunna put them on and go out to buy a pint of milk lol.

if anyone has a problem with what you do to your body thats not your porblem its theres.
    i probs sound like a skank now haha.

4. ArlettBaySB

Out Status:
    Some people
    You couldn't describe it better.
    It is a matter of choice, always about personal preferences.
    Just like...pretty much everything in this forum.