1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Treat A Scorpion Sting?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AwesomeSocks, Jul 13, 2015.

1. AwesomeSocks

AwesomeSocks Guest

I got a sting on my ring finger, and I was wondering, how do you treat scorpion stings?

2. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

Go to your doctor, tell them what happened and what species stung you. Get the antidote for the venom. Some species venom are more dangerous than others. Do not attempt to extract your venom using your mouth...

For initial treatment before you go to doctor, compress it with ice to slow down the venom absorption by vasoconstriction (this method is less effective is you stung over 2 hours ago.
    or
    Tourniquet 1 inch proximal of the puncture site. dont get too tight. The aim is to reduce vein and lymphatic flow so the venom doesn't spread but still allow arterial blood to flow.

3. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    depends on the kind of scorpion. southern devils and most of them can get treated at home. the Arizona bark scorpion is real dangerous, and if you got stung by that get right to the hospital asap. For scorpions outside the us, I have no idea.

4. AwesomeSocks

AwesomeSocks Guest

I think it was a striped bark scorpion. I am not sure, because I didn't see it real good. Seems the most logical, where I live. It'll hurt, but I'll be fine.

5. warthog

Hello,

In my part of the world we have the most dangerous types of scorpions, and yet when a patient comes in we rarely use an antidote, and stick to the treatment of symptoms, since the allergic reaction that some people may get from the antidote, which is extracted from horse serum, could be more life threatening to the sting itself. It sounds like the sting you got was pretty harmless, yet you should just pass by a gp and have him take your vitals and check the sting - if it's visible.