1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

breathing

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mischief, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Hey all.
    For the past three(ish) months or so, I've been having a lot of difficulty taking deep breaths, yawning, etc. I feel a lot of the time like I am not actually taking in enough oxygen, which then causes me to feel like yawning, but I can rarely properly yawn. Now, I've been wearing a binder for around 7 months now, but I didn't think problems with it would come up so quickly. Has anyone else had this?
    Should I see a doctor? And lastly, what could it be?

2. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Well that was handy

3. aussielefty

Hi, I have noticed for me , I have some days where breathing is difficult but I put that down to winter time. I have had 2 open heart operations and find the cold weather really troubles me.. Some days I can walk around the block ,and others I cant walk around the house but seem to be ok out side of winter..
    If you get really worried try and ask your gp, and go see a cardiologist, might be nothing, might be something.. .

good luck

4. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Thanks for the reply aussielefty.
    I'm not sure if winter has much of an impact on me... Considering this has been going on for a while now. I am considering going to a GP but am worried about them telling me I can't wear a binder. Conflictions :/

5. aussielefty

may i ask what a binder is ??

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Which binder are you using? Also, does it seem too tight? If it does, then that could be causing the problem. You also may take a bit of a break from it (bind looser or something) and see if that helps solve the problem.

7. Acm

Acm Guest

If the binder is too tight it might be a problem with that. Is it possible it could be asthma?

8. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Hey guys, sorry I took ages to reply.
    @BradTheCat: I was originally using the Underworks Tri-top full length binder, but I eventually switched to gc2b's half length one. The breathing problem kinda began after about 5 months of binding with the tri top. I've switched back to the tri top for the time being, because my gc2b binder seems to not work quite as well as I'd like it to anymore. Neither of the binders seem too tight, and are actually reasonably comfortable while I'm wearing them. The main issue, I've taken a rest from binding for about a week now. This problem has been going on for 2 and a bit months and is really starting to concern me.

@Acm: I did consider the fact it could be asthma, but I've never had problems like this with breathing before. Like I said in the post above, the binders I buy are the right size and not too small. I was *trying* to prevent any damage being done, but I'm afraid I've already done that. Woops :grin: