1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Think I Need to Lose Weight?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MysteriousMadam, Aug 1, 2015.

1. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really tired of worrying and thinking about it, so this is the nail in the coffin. I'm going to give you the information I have collected and hopefully someone can tell me if they think I should lose weight or not.

I consider myself to be lightly active, meaning that I don't exercise as much as I really should but I'm not sedentary and I don't stay sitting or laying in bed all day. When I wake up and before I eat anything, my weight is usually 133.2-133.6 lbs. I don't know my exact height but I'm around 5'1.5". Using those two measurements, my BMI is 24.7 which is within the healthy range but it's very close to overweight. After I eat dinner, I'm usually around 135-135.8, and I think that goes into the overweight range. My bust-waist-hip measurements are 35-26.5-37. My waist-to-hip ratio is 0.73, which is healthy. My waist-to-height ratio is 0.43 which is healthy. My body fat percentage is 26%, which isn't healthy but it's "acceptable". I have a pear-shaped body which is overall pretty healthy but the fact that you gain more weight in your abdomen still comes with health risks. I don't know my exact dress size; I have a size 4 dress (smallest dress I have) and a size 9 dress (largest dress I have) and I can fit into both perfectly.

So that's all the stuff I know. I feel like I'm going to see my doctor soon because I had my last physical in August last year so maybe I'll get a more definite opinion there. And I know that this isn't a place to ask for professional opinions. But I'm really wondering what the average person would think because I have been really worried about it and feeling like I'm really fat, and it's becoming a huge hindrance.
    I would really love to hear someone's opinion...thank you and have a good night <3

2. TraceElement

You're perfectly fine.

3. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

That's not "really fat" to my way of looking at it. I think you'll probably grow a few more inches in height the next few years, and then you'll be just fine.

Don't stress too much about weight at your age unless you become really fat. Try to stay active.

Nowadays people your age tend to obsess about weight when working on their personality and character is a lot more important.

4. Greenapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your weight is fine for your height. I am more worried about the fact that you seem to stress over it a lot.

A good way to look at things is to focus on health rather than weight and measurements. Focus on eating for hunger and nutrition most of the time and get at least some moderate daily physical activity that you find fun (rather than only exercising for 'the burn'), and drink plenty of water.

Being healthy improves your happiness and outlook in a way that just being skinny does not.