1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving Problems?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by queermeerkat, Aug 1, 2015.

1. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been shaving my body a lot lately, partly bc I just prefer it to being all sasquatchy and also to help with my dysphoria, but when I shave I get all these bumps or like acne or whatever the hell it is all over me. Is there something I'm doing wrong and anyone know how to do it properly?

2. Xander27

Hi there! That sounds like razor burn- there are two things that really help reduce that, and that is making sure your razor is sharp enough (I always got the kind with disposable heads and changed them once a week back when I shaved every day or two). The other thing is some people do need to use shaving cream- that helps with irritation. Also, if you have sensitive skin that is prone to razor burn, using women's razors may help because some of them have more of the soothing bar at the end/back that makes everything silky, and sometimes the blades are arranged a bit different (but the cheap ones are identical to the males just in pink and more expensive, so be careful to avoid the pink razor tax without getting anything different)

3. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the tip!

4. HelloSweetie

Heya I'm pretty prone to shaving rashes and I find that using hair removal creams eliminates the problem, although they can be annoying and fiddly!

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah yes, razor burn. I don't have shaving cream because I have one of those razors with soap built-in. In sensitive areas, sometimes that isn't enough. I use conditioner instead and it's worked really well.

6. HarmfulLoverX

hewow there cx when I shave I always have like at least 1% of cream when I do XD as a substitute I use the Bath & Body body wash cx it helps tons c: